Al: For now... Well he isn't fun.

I lightly grin while rolling my eyes. 
I won't be hearing the end of this will I? 

As I finished getting ready for bed, I climb into the bed to see the moon shinning from the window. Oh yeah tonight is the night the moon is closest to the planet. I began just watching the moon as it shines over the city and suddenly Clare comes back into my mind. Clare, you're such a strange yet beautiful person... I close my eyes, dozing off into a deep slumber.

*******************************************
CLARE'S POV:

I wake up to hearing someone knocking at my door. Completely forgetting I was still in my nightgown, I walk towards the door stumbling in tiredness. When I get to the door, I rub my eyes while opening it to see Ed with some breakfast.

Me: Good morning Ed.

I manage to grumble out a sentence before leaning onto the wall since the wall sounds more comfortable than standing.

Ed: Morning Clare. Thought you probably wanted some breakfast, so I saved the trip for you.

Me: Ah thanks, but why two plates?

Ed: I thought you wouldn't want to eat alone...

My face starts to heat up... Wait am I blushing again? Damn Clare snap out of it, bring up a question or something.

Me: Where's Al?

Ed: Good question. When I woke up a while ago he was gone. Although he did leave a note saying he'll be back later.

Me: Hmm well alright then.

I walk back into the kitchen to still see him at the door.

Me: Well aren't you coming in?

Ed: Oh! Oh yeah right!

He comes in, closing the door behind him before sitting next to me at the table.

Me: Ed?

Ed: Yeah?

Me: Um well since you know what happened to me, can you tell me what happened to you and Al?

Ed looks to his plate.

Me: You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, however it would be nice to know what happened to you both... That's all.

I smile at him as he attempts to smile back. Guess he's still not completely comfortable with the topic, although I don't blame him or his brother. I've experienced it myself to a certain degree. Human transmutation is truly meant to be a taboo for a reason, and we all learned why in our own ways.

Ed: I guess I can, but let's eat first okay?

He tries to smile again at me before we both eat our breakfast. Sorry Ed, but I want to know. I want to truly connect everything within my head as well. I did learn all the truth, but there's somethings I still don't understand myself. I'm hoping he and Al can help me sort everything out, and if not them our experiences in the future can.

When we're done, we put the paper plates in the garbage and crashed onto the couch.

Ed: So do you really want to know?

I nod.

Ed: Okay well it all started...

He begins telling me his story. When he was done, I could tell he was fighting the urge from becoming frustrated with his father and being sad about Al loosing his body. But most importantly, upset about his mother. I touch his shoulder, with Ed looking over to me with saddened eyes.

Ed: This is why I understand you so well Clare. We've been put through a similar situation, but what happened to you though... Your father should have known better since he himself had more experience than either what me and Al knew when we did it. Your father probably already knew the results of what was going to happen, however ignored the truth of what the taboo really is... And because of his ignorance, you lost the only family you had left.

He begins to look even more upset, but for me I finally understand his frustration. With age and experience, a person learns and becomes aware of the world and its secrets. In my father's case, he choose the dark path, hoping in return I would have my mother back. He probably felt he wasn't enough and felt unworthy for me since I was always alongside my mother. I pull him into a hug, feeling him hug me back.

Me: Well now though.

I move back to see his face that has a few strands of hair covering it, so lightly, I move his hair out of his face and behind his ear, holding his cheek with my hand.

Me: I have gained many new friends I can call family... Mustang, Hawkeye, Hughes and his family, Al... But most importantly, you.

He looks up to me and begins to smile, holding my hand that's resting on his face.

Ed: And we'll all be here for you no matter what.

A tear escapes my eye, but before I could wipe it Ed did.

Me: Ed...

Ed: Tears of joy suit you more, so please promise me you'll try not to be sad anymore. I don't like seeing you upset. If anything, when you're sad let me know okay?

We both smile as he pulls me back into another hug.

Me: Okay I promise, but you better promise me the same.

Ed: Haha okay I promise as well then.

We hug a little longer until Ed gets up from the couch.

Ed: I'll let you get ready for the day and we'll meet up later okay?

I nod as he leaves my room, leaving me speechless... If it wasn't already official in my head, Clare... You do and truly like Edward Elric, and you are now beyond saving from falling in love with him. Damn it.