Late Nights

Warnings: Car accidents, Hospitals, Blood, Injury, Death

Relationship: Grian/Tango

~***~

It's about two in the morning on a crisp Wednesday night, Grian and Tango are out driving, Grian behind the wheel.

"I was thinking we work with some weakness potions." Tango said, messing with the radio dial, "Weakness can be fun."

"No, no it can't." Grian responds, "I've tangoed with weakness potions before. It... It was more amusing for you guys than it was for me."

Tango chuckles, then hears sirens. As Grian's pulling over, someone rams into the side of the vehicle knocking the two unconscious instantly.

Paramedics and department heavy rescue took twenty minutes getting the two out of the vehicle. Grian sustained serious injuries while Tango sustained mild injuries. The paramedics had put a tube down Grian's throat to help him breathe. But he had only gotten worse with every second that passed in the ambulance.

When Tango woke up from his surgeries, he saw Xisuma beside his bed frame. A worried look spread across his face as he kept his chin in his hands. Something looked to be on his mind.

"Xisuma?"

Xisuma doesn't speak for a minute, "Grian... Grian didn't make it."

Tango sat up, "What-"

"His injuries were too severe. He died in surgery."

"Can't he be revived? He's part Phoenix!"

"If we revive him, he'd be in so much pain, Tango. No one wants Grian to be in so much pain, he'd wish to be dead anyways."

Tango sat in silence, upset silence, as he tried processing that Grian was no longer with them.