In The Rain

Warnings: sadness, collars, leashes, implied slavery

Relationship: Grian/Scar

~☆☆☆~

It was midday when the storm started. Grian sighed but continued working and being weary on where he stepped. The stone had become slippery faster than he'd like, but he still continued working. That's all he ever did.

Work.

He wiped a tear out of his eye and sat on the edge of the stone. He barely even heard the footsteps behind him over his crying. He felt a warm hand across his shoulder and instead of asking questions or looking to see who it was, he just moved his head into the crook of the man's neck.

"I've got ya."

Grian vaguely recognized the man's voice as Scar's. For a good while, Grian didn't respond.

Scar took the moment to let the smaller builder to calm down and breathe before asking, "What's got you so worked up bud?"

"It's nothing."

"Grian."

"It's Sam..."

"Why him?"

"I just... I don't know."

"Gri, Sam cant hurt you here."

"I know... But... Today's just that day..." Grian looked up into the flashing skies, "It's always THIS day that hurts me the most."

"Why?"

"Well..."

~☆☆☆~

Sam bear forcibly dragged Grian inside the warehouse on his hands and knees attached to the leather lead he had around the boys neck.

"Sam this is humiliating."

Sam whipped Grian's back, "I said mo talking. You're going back to them because I have no need for you anymore."

Grian tried to speak up again but Sam shoved him against the wall, "I SAID. SHUT. UP."

~☆☆☆~

"That was the day he beat me so bad it put me into a Watcher hospital for a year... He had put me into a coma."

Scar notice Grian rub his upper arm. He didnt say another word only hugged Grian more tightly, "If it's any consolation, we'd never hurt you like he did."

Scar moved Grian's head to look at him, "Ever."

Grian smiled, the two sat there, legs dangling off the wet stone, bodies covered head to toe in rain water, staring into each other's eyes. 

A few seconds pass, then they kiss. 

After, Grian yawns and leans against Scar's chest. The boys laid on the ground, Grian on top of Scar. Scar let his hand rest against the small builder's back. After hearing Grian shakily breathe out, the red sweatered hermit cuddled tightly against Scars side with Grian's head going directly under his chin. After a small smooch on the head from Scar, Grian pulled his wing over them both and they slept through the rest of the storm on the cold stone of Grian's mountain.