👑47| Turn up

Začať od začiatku

  I wasn't just a vampire.

  I turned into a vampire after being bitten just like these guards.

   All my life, I wondered how I turned out like this, but finding out makes me wish I never did.

   "Help!" A little voice screams. Her fearful trill gives me the goosebumps although she isn't around me. But the tone in her scream rings a bell in my ears. That same fear feels like something that also happened to me.

A scream plays in my mind making my head start aching. I lift my fingers to massage my head to relieve the pain, but the screams are still persistent.

I turn around slowly only to realize that the cries came from a little girl far in front of me.

  She runs towards the other street for safety. I twirl quickly looking at the terrible situation the town is in. "Help me!" I hear all around me.

This time, it isn't only her scream, but all the other townspeople present. My ears prick with the intensity of the cries echoing through them.

  I pull out a dagger from a table in one of the stalls and rush after the little girl. My ears trace her cries and follow up silently while my fingers clutch to the dagger in my palm.

  When I manage to get to the bottom of the town square, I find the place in a disaster. Food items are squashed all around and the stalls look as if it has been raided by goons.

My eyes tremble when they set on one of the vampires.

He resumes walking after he realizes I am like him. Walking towards the little girl, she continues crawling backwards with her face covered with tears.

I reach out for my dagger and pounce on him from behind stabbing him in for chest so deep that he will not live to tell a tale.

   The little girl sobs continuously as she stares at me with terrified eyes.

I watch him trample on the floor helplessly while gasping for breath. Blood oozes from his mouth with his hand stretched out. His hands shake for a while before his body drops dead.

   I stare at the dead body with my hand trembling. My breath rate increases as my heart starts beating so fast from running. The dagger slips out of my trembling fingers and thumps on the floor before settling quietly.

  The realization that I have just killed someone, and not anyone but one of my own makes me stumble back breathing irregularly.

  Would I become uncontrollable like this? Would I be killed to save a human too?

  She runs into my arms and sobs while her hands hugging my legs in fear.

 "Nari, the town-" Seo Jin mutters anxiously after barging into his  room panting behind the other guards. His eyes are surprised to find an empty room.

"He left. Min Kyu!" He screams as he runs back to the hall. The other guards return terrified and frustrated looks at him confirming his fear that he has run away, again to help the people on his own.

   I slam the door to the small house and knock the door repeatedly. I don't get any response from it. I raise my leg and hit the door open while scanning the room critically.

They are not here, then were did they go to?

"Seong Ri!"  Bo Mi scurries to me from the entrance with a basket of herbs in her hands. I heave a sigh of relief when I see her. She was looking okay, but a bit exhausted.