12.Unearthed Truth

Kristofer

Iris sits in Atlas' office with me and Jesika waiting for Atlas to return from setting Fabio or whatever his name is, straight. I can't stop staring at my beautiful mate but I also can't get the thought of how she tensed up when that wolf hugged her. Her confidence is finally growing to what I am sure must be it's former glory and it makes me so proud. She has come such a long way in a short amount of time just to have him touch her without her permission. Honestly, I am just glad he didn't hold her for too long, I think to myself as she giggles at whatever Jesika is telling her. I'm surprised I kept my cool as well as I did but I don't know if I'll be successful a second time.

Atlas walks in with a scowl and heaves a sigh. His golden eyes had a bit of a flare to them which could only suggest he had to use his Alpha tone. Flannigan probably gave him a hard time. Alpha Atlas takes a seat at his desk expecting and leans onto his elbows rubbing his temples to attempt some form of relief from the stress building between his brows. Iris sneezes, causing Atlas to look up at us. His questioning gaze slowly shift from the girls to me in wait for an explanation. I look him straight in the eye waiting for him to speak. I know I am in my right.

"Leave him alone. He did nothing wrong. Kris could have torn him off me, punched him, clawed him, anything. I told Finn to get off me and he didn't. Kris reminded him of what I said and Finn lost it and challenged Kristofer instead. Would you have backed down if someone was latched on to Luna as if he were theirs?" Atlas shot his eyes to his sister softening his expression at the mention of his Luna.

"I hate when you make a point. Still this is my house and I should of been called to handle it." The last bit of anger fades from his voice but he eyes me in a final reprimand. "Okay, so show me the book." Jesika gives it to him as Cecile walks in with Martha.

"Damn, its the same crest from the hit order on your heads." Atlas runs his fingers over the leather noticing the darkened edges and patches. I follow his movements maybe even following the same train of thought, burns.

"Hit order?" Martha and Iris say in unison. They weren't made privy of that piece of information when they were first briefed of the situation.

"Open it and compare the writing to Jude's ledger." Cecile hands it over and Atlas places the items side by side.

"Don't ignore me! What hit order? On who?" Iris says to Atlas while snapping her fingers.

"We found a hit order on both you and Kristofer's heads, its how we found the crest." Atlas continues examining the the book and ledger looking for similarities between the strokes of the letters.

Iris snaps her head at me angrily and I swiftly look away admiring the ceiling and the fine carving on the crown molding I never realized existed. It's fine work and adds an elegant to touch to the history around the office.

"The lettering is the same. The S and the L have the same cursive loops. The P and Q as well. I'd say its his. So if it is, maybe the symbol is a family crest?" Atlas questions to Martha and Iris.

"Impossible!" Iris stands up from the chair slamming her hand on the desk. "If that is a family crest then how do you explain the mark appearing on my wrist a few days ago? It only had one arrow, not three." Tears fall from her eyes.

"What do you mean your wrist?" Atlas looks at his sisters wrist expecting to see the crest and so do I. Although I am sure I would have seen something like that sooner.

"The day I left the cabin I went to Jesika's apartment, we did a spell from that book to reveal the truth. I had too many questions and not enough answers. The stupid crest then appeared on my skin but with only one arrow and after a few days it disappeared." Iris turns to her mother and so does Atlas. Martha twitch where she stood. She looked nervous and I could only guess there is something she didn't tell us.