9.Booty Call

KRISTOFER

It's been four days since we last saw or heard from Iris. With the storm having turned for the worse we couldn't continue to wait for her to change her mind and come home. We returned home that day and told Martha what was happening. She of course freaks out and begins making calls to everyone she had contact with from other packs. Now everyone is aware of the name, Liber de Buer. He is now not just a threat to us but a threat to everyone.

My mother Cecile has spent most of the morning with her head in dad's old books. "I knew it!" She yells from my office where she sits surrounded by open books and paperwork.

"What is it mom?" I walk into the room half awake from the sleepless nights.

"I found the bastard in Jude's ledger. After hearing the name it kept bugging me. I then remembered that while traveling south your dad and I went to a supernatural summit. We ended up meeting a very distinguished looking man. Porcelain skin, eyes dark as coal, long dark blonde hair, and slender build. He struck up conversation with us first saying he was looking to move to a new territory with his family. We told him of this area and how nice it is and perfect for raising children. We assumed he was a witch but later found out he was a high elf when Raven hired him through a third party to help Martha when she was sick." Cecile takes a deep breath. The wheels in her head turning as quickly as she spoke.

"So why would he be in dads ledger?" I asked now almost certain about my suspicion.

"He offered us his services a couple times as a teacher when Michael was first learning to use medicinal herbs." She shoots up from her spot. "We can use this to track him down. We have his number and account information. It's old but it's something." She runs to the phone and puts in some calls to begin the search.

I walk out the room rubbing my neck. I need sleep. Kristofer? My step falters as I walk up the stairs. Thankfully I grabbed the railing before I could fall.

Iris? I honestly can't believe she reached out to me first.

Yes, it's me. I want to see you.  My wolf starts to flip inside at those words.

Tell me where and I'm there.  I'm already in my room going into the shower before dressing.

Don't tell anyone. Meet me at Maricott Hotel on Clermont ave, room 506.

Okay I'll be there soon.

I couldn't contain myself. I no longer feel the sleepiness from before. My body is vibrating in anticipation. Of course I'm not expecting anything but just the thought of being near her is enough to send me to the moon. I sneak out the house to avoid questioning from anyone and head out in my truck. The snow is still packed high but we did a good job clearing out a path. I rush over in what feels like the longest forty five minutes of my life.

I park the car and go straight to the elevators of the hotel. I reach the 5th floor and walk over to room 506. I'm outside the door. I figured she wouldn't feel jumpy if I linked her instead of knocking. I might have ended up knocking so hard the door would of came off its hinges. The door unlocks and opens slowly revealing a beautiful smile upon rosy plump lips.