dance lessons (emily ☁️)

Well they finally gave me the suit I needed for the flower dance. Emily offered to teach me the dance and while I'm excited to be alone with Emily with no chance for clint to walk in and ruin it, I also am terrified ill step on her feet and make her hate me.

Emily:hey! Come on in! Hayley is out and won't be home till tomorrow, she went to go see our parents for the day.
Y/n:oh cool. Hey thanks again for making my suit. I uh..I really appreciate it.
Emily:oh anytime! If you...you ever need it adjusted just come on over. Ok?
Y/n:yeah. For sure.

I tried to hide my blush. The first time she measured me was awkward but it was kinda fun and she looked so cute and she wrote all the measurements down. I kinda wanted to lie and say I needed them fixed again but I didn't have the heart. She went to the kitchen where snacks and drinks laid out on the table. She told me she got the cd from Lewis so I could practice. The dance was tomorrow so I didn't have much time to learn.

Emily:are you ready?
Y/n:of course.
Emily:ok. So actually you're gonna stand here and...
Y/n:wait...its no contact?
Emily:oh..yeah is that a problem?
Y/n:I mean no of course not I was just...I was hoping we could actually dance ya know?

She stared at me shocked and blushing. We have been flirting for a while and we almost kissed but clint walked in and we just kinda went home after. I know she likes me and I really like her too but I get so stupid and forget how to form sentences sometimes when I talk to her.

Emily:well how about we practice this dance and if you get it right then...uh
Y/n:if I can do it then I get to teach you how to slow dance.
Emily:wait you know how to?
Y/n:ya. Well a little but still.
Emily:...ok deal.

We practiced for a few hours and I finally got it down perfectly. We stopped to eat some food and we made jokes. Emily and I have always gotten along really well, and she's always so kind to me...well to everyone when I think about it. I got up to use the bathroom and saw someone at her window.

Y/n:hey em?
Emily:yeah?
Y/n:nevermind. I thought I saw someone but I think I'm just tired

I came back and she was waiting for me. She had started soft music and smiled waiting for me to show her a slow dance. I grabbed her hand softly and kissed it as I pulled her into a hug and started slowly moving around.

Emily:this is...nice
Y/n:wanna speed it up?
Emily:please?

She went back to her iPod and played a more upbeat song and we started doing stupid dance moves. It was embarrassing and fun. If it was with anyone else it would be a nightmare but with her....with her it was a like a pleasant dream.

Y/n:oh shit I gotta get home. I need to wake up early to feed the animals before the festival.
Emily:i can walk you home.
Y/n:thats not fair, if you walk me home ill just wanna walk you home and it'll be a cycle.
Emily: youre right, don't want a repeat of what happened last year during the moonlight jellies. Haha
Y/n:ill see you tomorrow. Ok?

She kissed me cheek and I turned red. I knew she liked me but it felt so weird having her show it. I smiled and went on. I heard something in the bushes but ignored it thinking it was a rabbit. That night I fell asleep with the idea of how I was going to ask Emily to be my partner.

*that morning*

All done with the animals. I've got some time...I'll go walk her to the dance.

Clint:hey...um would it be ok if we walk to the dance together?
Emily:oh..uh sure clint.

I was walking up to the window when she turned and saw me.

Emily:oh hey! Wanna join us?
Clint:no!
Emily/y/n: what?
Clint:uh...
Y/n:nah I'm ok. I came to ask you something but ill ask later.

She smiled at me and they went on. Alex came up from behind me and we ended up walking together. Haley was already at the dance helping set up.

Alex: finally gonna ask her out?
Y/n:yeah actually. I think its about time. Plus...I think Clint might have a thing for her and if she likes him thats fine but I want to be able to tell her I like her at least.
Alex:oh dude do you not know?
Y/n:know what?
Seb:Clint has been stalking Emily for years.
Abby:yeah. Its super creepy. We tried to tell her once but he's really scary.
Sam:hes never broken into her house or hurt her in any way so no one's done anything.
Alex:but the guy watches her constantly and follows her around in bushes. Its kinda why no one hangs around her that much.
Y/n:so...he's watched her and I together?
Sam:oh yeah. For sure.
Abby:I remember seeing him once when we had a sleepover once and I went home lying about a stomach ache.
Seb:its also why Abby says she eats crystals. So they belive her story.
Abby:oh no thats not why. I think they taste good. And I have no iron in my diet.
Sam:do...do crystals have iron?
Y/n:I...I'm gonna go ask her to be my partner.

You were all standing at Pierre's stand and you went off to Emily, you noticed Clint a few steps away watching Emily.

Y/n:hey em.
Emily:hold on Caroline. Hey
Y/n:do...do you wanna be my partner?
Emily:of course! It'd be so fun! Oh...what about Shane?
Shane:trust me, id rather eat this then dance! Have fun love birds.

Lewis called for everyone to line up and we did. The dance went fine. I messed up but Emily and I laughed about it. She walked with me back to her place and I kissed her.