Totally Not Romantic

Start from the beginning

"WHAT?" She replied. "Okay - big mistake. I made you happy. We loved each other. I know you still love me, so let's get back together. I bet the new girl doesn't even know your real name," she wrote. "Clay," she added. Dream sighed.

Sam, please leave me alone. You can find a different guy and torment him. I'm over you, Dream wrote back to her. He thought maybe he was being a bit too harsh, but she needed to get his point.

"Okay, fine. Be that way. I'll be at the Freshman's party, so you can change your mind then. Can't wait to see you!" She replied with a heart-eyes emoji. Dream stared at it sadly. Was this her disorder talking? Or one of her friends? He would never know.

After a few minutes of sitting in the dark, thinking, he decided to tell Sapnap. Dream walked into the living room and found Sapnap and Karl exactly where he had left them; cuddled up together, eating popcorn and watching TV. Dream approached Sapnap and he looked up at him.

"What's up, Dream? Here to watch Squid Game with us?" Sapnap asked. Dream shook his head.

"No. I wanted to talk to you about something," he said. Sapnap must have noticed his discomfort because he paused the show.

"What is it?" He asked. Karl realized they wanted to talk alone and stood to go to the bathroom, giving them some privacy.

Finally, Dream took a deep breath and told Sapnap about how Sam had contacted him and was staying here for the week. He told him about how she had approached him and George at school, and showed him the texts between the two of them. Sapnap had a grim expression as he read the newest conversation.

"You said exactly what you needed to say," Sapnap assured when he was done reading it. "I can't believe she contacted you, after all she did to you," he added, shaking his head.

"I don't think she got the hint," Dream said with a frown.

"Well, that's her problem. If you see her at the dance, just don't let her get on your nerves. And don't let her corner you. Stay with me or Bad. Does anyone else know about her?" Sapnap asked.

"Well, yeah. George knows about what she did. I told him," Dream said. "But he's the only one," he added.

"Well, then, you can stick with him. After all, you two are going together, aren't you?" He asked with a small smile.

"Yeah, probably," Dream admitted. Karl re-appeared and reclaimed his spot beside Sapnap. He had the sense not to ask what they talked about.

"That's what we thought," Sap said, then paused for a moment. "You said you were interested in someone else - who is it?" He asked. Dream looked away. Sapnap nodded after a moment and turned back to the TV, resuming the show. He understood. Dream stood there for a moment before sitting on the opposite end of the couch from them and wrapping a blanket around himself. He didn't feel like being alone at the moment. 

Two hours passed in a flash. Dream, Sapnap and Karl decided to play a few games instead of watching TV all day, so they played some Minecraft on the Xbox. Dream pretty much dominated them in every game they played, but it was fun nonetheless. Soon it was time for Dream to get ready to meet George for dinner. Karl and Sapnap had to go to their last class of the day, so Dream had the apartment to himself. He listened to music while brushing his teeth, combing through his sandy brown hair, and dressing himself in a nice outfit. He basically just kept the white shirt, but wore black jeans instead of sweatpants. So fancy.

Dream called Chow and made sure he didn't need reservations, and was glad to hear that they had quite a few open tables. Then he grabbed his jacket, keys and wallet and headed out the door. It was about 4:30 and took 15 minutes to get there. He played music while driving, and even found himself singing a few times. He must have been in a good mood if he was singing.

Finally he reached the place and was greeted by the hostess. "Hello. How many?" She asked as he approached with a smile.

"Two, please," he replied with a nod. "And would it be okay if we could get a table outside? It's a beautiful evening," he added.

"Of course. Right this way then, sir," she said, then winked charmingly and began leading him deeper into the restaurant. She brought him outside and sat him at a shiny glass table in the corner with rich brown wooden chairs and aesthetically pleasing light-bulb lights hanging overhead. The air smelled of barbecue ribs and vegetables.

"Thank you so much. If someone comes in asking for Dream, please direct him here," Dream said with a nod. The waitress tilted her head and smiled prettily.

"Alright, I will," she said before turning and disappearing back inside. Dream took a seat and began looking over the menu. The waitress re-appeared a few minutes later and he asked for a couple of waters. A minute later she came back with two glasses filled with ice-cold water. Dream thanked her. Not too long after, George pushed through the doors and when he caught sight of Dream, he smiled and walked over. He was wearing a black shirt and light gray sweats - a casual outfit, but it looked great on him. His thick brown hair looked slightly damp, as if he had showered recently, and he smelled of his usual cologne as he took his seat across from Dream. For some reason he couldn't stop staring at his lips.

"Right on time," George congratulated himself before patting himself on the back. "Got caught in a bit of traffic, so I'm glad I left early," he added while looking around. "This is a nice little spot you got for us," he commented with a nod of admiration. Dream smiled.

"I'm glad you like it. It is very beautiful," he agreed. "I should've brought some flowers to make it more romantic," he added with a wink.

"It's romantic enough as is."

"Maybe a candle?"

"Now you're overdoing it," George laughed. Dream grinned. He felt his heartbeat quicken whenever George laughed, and whenever their eyes made contact for more than a few seconds. He wondered if George ever got those feelings. Am I just being weird? He felt as though he was asking himself that question every day.

They continued talking for a while, eventually ordering food and watching the Football game playing on the TV. They made fun of the players and pretended to get mad whenever they messed up a simple play. The food was good, but the real treat was being able to spend time with each other. Eventually, their conversations lead to people at school, and while making fun of the annoying people in their grade, George brought up a different topic. "Anyway, I wanted to tell you something," he said in a serious tone after taking a sip of water. "I got a date to Tommy's party."

Dream's heart dropped. He was just thinking about how nice George looked when he said that. Was he serious?

"Oh, really?" Dream asked, hiding his disappointment. "Who is it?"