Waking Up Late

I'd like to start this off by saying that there will be some violence, manipulation, swearing, and possible triggering factors in this story. I'd also like to say that there will be no XXX scenes or smut. This is a fanfiction about the DreamNotFound ship, so if you don't like that, read a different story. 

// George POV //

George sat up in bed and reached over to his nightstand to turn off the alarm blaring in his ear. He rolled out of bed and ran his hand through his dark brown hair as he yawned. Looking at the window above his bed, he saw light filtering through the crack in the drawn curtains. He walked over and opened the curtains, wincing at the bright Floridan sunlight. As his eyes adjusted he looked out from his third-floor apartment and saw cars passing busily below. Although it was only 7am, the sky was already light. George sleepily turned to grab clothes before he showered.

He had just moved from London to Florida only a few weeks ago to go to college at the University of Florida. He had always wanted to move to Florida. He'd been told of the great weather and laid-back people. Since he'd been here, he agreed that most people he met were nice enough, and the weather was excellent. He had actually just been to the park yesterday, and though he was alone, he felt happy.

He stepped out of the shower a few minutes later and dried his hair. He threw on some clothes - a light blue t-shirt and gray sweats - and glanced down at his watch. "Shit," he muttered as he read the time. He was going to be late in his first week of college! His first day had only been a few days ago, and he was still getting used to everything. He stuffed his backpack with the things he'd need and ran out the door.

George ran out to the parking lot and hopped in his car. He turned the key and sighed with relief as the engine turned over. He had problems with the car in the past and the last thing he needed now was to be even more late.

George pulled out of the parking lot and made his way towards the university. It was a big place, and if he was going to get to his Monday class on time he needed to rack his brain to remember the fastest way to get there.

He stopped at a light and groaned frustratedly when it refused to turn green. "Come on, come on..." he mumbled. It finally turned green and he accelerated forward, going a bit faster than he usually would. In about ten minutes he arrived on campus and parked his car. He jogged to the entrance and slipped inside. There were a few stragglers entering alongside him, but otherwise the hallways were empty. He glanced at his phone to see where his first class was and realized that room was all the way on the other side of the building. With a sigh he began jogging down the hallway, books shaking in his bag slung over his shoulder.

Finally George reached his classroom and entered as silently as he could. He took his seat in the back of the room beside a kid wearing a lime-green hoodie. At the front of the room was a large board, projected on it a video talking about expectations and plans for the school year. Suddenly, the video stopped, and the lights turned on. George looked around, confused, until his eyes landed on the professor, who was staring at him with an angry expression. The professor - a tall man with a balding head and horrible fashion - stood leaned against the wall as he watched George.

"You're late. Care to explain yourself?" The professor asked. George felt the eyes of the kids around him bore into his skull as he took a breath to speak.

"I'm sorry, sir. I lost track of time, and then I got lost while trying to find your classroom," he explained, hot embarrassment coloring his cheeks. He gulped and wished he could just disappear as the professor slowly walked over to him.

"Don't be late to my class again. You're nearly half an hour late. What was your name again?" He asked.

"George Davidson," he answered feeling small.