Hollow's Eve (Part 2)

"OKAY, OKAY. WE GOTTA BE CALM...CALM." Hunter laughed hysterically before he slapped himself.

Vee was breathing heavily. "Everyone's turned into monsters! What do we do?!"

Jean-Luc hummed, pacing as he tried to think. "It seems there's some kind of Halloween curse. Where the person in costume will turn INTO what they are imitating."

"Wait, then why didn't it affect Luz? Or Hunter?" Vee asked, looking at her older brother.

Hunter shrugged. "How the heck should I know? I made this myself. Luz bought her costume from some costume store."

An idea popped into Jean's head and he faced Hunter. "And...did the others happen to buy their costumes from this same store?"

"Yeah, why?"

Jean hummed again. "Perhaps it's not Halloween that's cursed, but the costumes! Maybe...maybe that store is the cause of the curse!"

Hunter smirked. "I always knew there was something fishy about that place! The costumes were like, super cheap! And they looked so realistic? Nah, not a chance."

Jean then looked at Hunter. "No time for criitcsim. We must hurry to that store and stop this curse before Gus and Willow learn how to open the door..."

"Uhh, why not Amity?" Vee asked as she got on Hunter's staff.

Hunter chuckled. "Have you seen the look she was giving to Luz? She is not leaving anytime soon." He then gulped. "I hope she's ok...even though she's probably a vampire now."

Jean grabbed a hold of Hunter's staff, and they flew off to the store, arriving 7 minutes later. Jean was the first to hop off, turning both of his arms into axes. He looked up at the sign and read aloud. "Lucas Pier's Bewitched Costumes...strange."

"Lucas Pier is definitely a bad guy name." Hunter and Vee said in unison before Jean busted the door down.

The store was pitch black, but Vee quickly used a Light Gylph to give them view of everything. And from shelf to shelf were costumes. Monsters, fictional characters, cartoon characters, and even Disney characters.

Hunter spun around his staff as he walked around. "Wait...what are we doing here? Lucas wouldn't be here. It's closed!"

Vee and Jean blinked before they facepalmed, feeling like idiots.

"...but then again, the curse came FROM here. And we're from The Boiling Isles." Hunter said. "We should probably be fine. But no one put on a single costume." He said before raising his staff, and Rascal came flying out of it. "Try and find anything that may be related to this whole mess."

Rascal chirped before flying off, using the Light Gylphs around the store to see.

Vee whimpered a little at the dark place, holding Jean-Luc's hand. "I-I always hated these scary things..."

Jean's blue eyes softened. "Don't worry. Everything will be ok, Vee."

Vee nodded, taking a deep breath. Despite being 16, she hadn't yet conquered her fear of the dark...granted, she spent most of her life being experimented on in a cold and dark cell, so she couldn't be blamed.

Hunter kept searching, narrowing his magenta eyes before he heard a shuffle. He turned. "Did you guys hear that?"

Jean shook his head before the shuffle was heard again, only louder. He quickly stood in front of Vee, looking around as he sharpened his axe hands.

Hunter summoned Rascal to him, and a fireball was summoned into his hand. "Come on out! And believe me, you made me miss my favorite holiday! I WILL KICK YOUR ASS!"