Hunter Whispers (Part 2)

Golden Guard growled before pushing Luz back and then zooming outside in a red blur, with Luz following soon after.

Luz spun around her staff and swung her staff against his multiple times, with Golden Guard blocking every attack. "How are you alive!? What are you planning!?"

Golden Guard struggled to continue blocking before back flipping and blocking a blast of light. "I'm not planning ANYTHING!!! I don't wanna fight!!"

"Right! Like I'll believe that!" Luz exclaimed before spinning her staff around her body and then slamming it down, a small swarm of vines being shot at Golden Guard.

Golden Guard hopped onto his staff, flying into the air and dodging the swarm of vines. He then landed and grabbed his staff. "Please!! Luz Noceda! Just listen to me!"

"Actually? It's Luz CLAWTHORNE now!" Luz said as she shot out a beam of ice.

Golden Guard spun around his staff, deflecting the beam. "Awwww! She adopted you?"

"Yeah! She did!" Luz smiled before remembering this was a fight and then she spun around her finger and a giant fist made of stone shot out from the dirt and grass, going directly towards Golden Guard.

Golden Guard backflipped again and then slammed the tip of his staff against the fist, obliterating it.

Luz then zoomed over in a golden burst of light and sent out three shards of ice, firing them at him.

Golden Guard was hit by one of them and he winced, but kept blocking and defending, not once trying to fight back.

Luz realized this after swinging her staff against his. "You're...not fighting back..."

Golden Guard grunted as he kept pushing back against Luz's staff. "I-I told you! I don't wanna fight!"

Luz wasn't sure whether to believe him. She was conflicted. On the one hand, he could be telling the truth and was actually a good person now, with the fight that supposedly killed him having changed him.

But on the other hand, he could be lying. He was Belos' right hand man! Why would he suddenly turn good?

"I-I know you have questions!" Golden Guard growled as he pushed. "And I know you won't b-believe me! But I...don't...wanna fight!"

Luz felt her staff crackle with golden energy. "I...I..."

Golden Guard grunted and groaned as he pushed back, trying to use the strength he still had. But then, he gasped as he felt his staff crackle with red energy, almost going in sync with her golden energy. "Oh, crud."

"What!? What's going on!?" Luz exclaimed.

"My staff is artificial!" He exclaimed. "It senses your staff's energy and is thinking you're gonna attack!"

Luz quickly broke their clash and jumped back, accidentally dropping her staff. Golden Guard did the same, dropping his staff.

But it was too late, and the two staffs shot out small blasts of red and golden energy, and they began shooting towards Eda and Raine, who were still left frozen from shock.

"MOM!!!!" Luz screamed as she grabbed her staff again and zoomed over.

"MODDY, WATCH OUT!!!!" Golden Guard shrieked as he too grabbed his staff and zoomed over.

The two witches zoomed by each other before swooping in and saving Raine and Eda.

Golden Guard landed, having saved Eda from the red blast.

Luz landed shortly after, having saved Raine from the golden blast. She breathed heavily before standing. "Mom!? Raine?! Are you two ok!?"

Raine was still processing the fact that their old ex's daughter was the superhero that saved the city. They then adjusted their glasses and sat up. "Y-Yes. Thank you."