The end

Slowly closing the book, Lexa then placed the it on the night stand. The two of them were both crying, as they held on to each other in bed. It's all they could do, to numb the pain the memory brought with it.

"I don't regret breaking my rules either." Clarke said as she reached for Lexa's hand, bringing it up to her cheek and lips. "I just wish we didn't lose so much time."

"Me too." Lexa kisses the top of Clarke's head, and holds her tighter, because she could. "But you know what?"

"What?" Clarke asked, her lips not moving from Lexa's palm.

"We don't have to lose anymore of it." Clarke looks up at her and she can't help but smile. Even though tears still fell from both their eyes at having to remember the pain they both went through. That pain, which was now being eased with the feeling of being close, after so long of being apart.

Clarke climbed her way up so she could rest her head on the pillow next to Lexa. "Thank you." She says, as she runs her fingers through Lexa's curly brown locks.

"For what, Love?"

Clarke playfully scoffs. "For what? For everything! You didn't give up on me, when I gave up on myself. For defending me, with my mom and..." She looks down. "and, for reminding me what I have. I wish it didn't take all of this for me to see it. I'm sorry I was so wrong and lost."

Lexa reaches over and kisses Clarke, putting as much feeling and passion in the kiss as she could. After a few moments they pull away, but still keep each other's gaze. "We're going to work hard and together to try and put this past us. Because what everything I said in that book is true. You are a precious gift to me, to us all. My heart will always belong to you, and there is no better for me, than you." Clarke nods against Lexa's lips, having went back in just as her last words were said.

They spent the next few hours cuddled into each other, talking about lighter topics and making out like they were teenagers again. Both were incredibly exhausted, but neither wanted to go to bed. Clarke laughs when Lexa yawns real big, then can't stop herself from yawning too.

"We should probably get some rest." Lexa admitted, after another big yawn. Clarke holds her stare for a few moments, not saying anything. Lexa watches as tears slowly start to build and she reaches to wipe them the second they fall. "No, what's wrong?"

Clarke turns her head so she is facing Lexa fully on their pillow. "I know that I said this wasn't a dream... but what if it is. What if I'm dreaming this right now."

Lexa shakes her head no before leaning in for a quick kiss. "You're here with me Clarke, I promise. Neither of us are dreaming this."

"But what if I am? What if I go to sleep here, but wake up alone back in Chicago?"

"Well..." Lexa lifts her hand to move Clarke's hair behind her ear and then kisses her lips again softly. "If you are, when you wake up I want you to come home and find me."

"What if you don't want me?"

Lexa wanted to laugh at the absurd statement, but knew Clarke was serious in her thinking and would never hurt her feelings like that. "Trust me, I'll want you."

"What if that version of you doesn't."

At that, Lexa couldn't control the confident grin she let out. "Impossible."

"How do you know?" Clarke asks, scooting as close as she could get to Lexa.

"Because Clarke, every single version of me, will want every version of you." She leans in and kisses her once more.

"Yea?" Clarke asks her, to which Lexa replies with another kiss. One that left absolutely no room for debate.

For the next little while, they laid there in silence, just sharing breathes and small touches, before finally falling into a peaceful sleep. Both of them knowing that everything was finally going to be alright.