Do i know you?

Aubrey POV

„Okay Aubrey. We will do some CT's and a couple head scans. Just to check in general." my confusion grew and I didn't know what was missing in my brain.

„I'm sorry doctor. Is there something wrong with her memory?" my mother asked from the other side of the bed sounding concerned.

„We Just want to make sure she doesn't have to deal with a big memory loss. We need to do some more test and we will come back with the results as soon as we know more." she answered as she got up.

„We will do the scans early in the morning tomorrow. You should rest more." she answered giving us both a spot but concerned smile.

I can't shake the feeling off that I am missing something important.

„If you need anything you can call me." she answered and left me behind with my mom.

Silence filled the room once again and I didn't know what to say.

„Mom can you call Vivian and Ben?" I asked and she nod taking her phone out in an instant.

„Hey Vivian. She's awake and asking for you. Bring Ben along." she spoke as soon as Vivian picked up the line.

She nod and hummed as an answer and hung up.

„They'll be here soon. Do you need anything or can I do anything for you?" she asks me and I glanced to the side of me pointing to the water.
My throat still feels sore as hell.

„Just some water." I answered and she reacted directly giving me a full glass.

„Thanks." I answered after I drank the whole glass empty in seconds. This felt good.

——

After less than 10 minutes I heard the door swing open and Ben walked in with Vivian. A bouquet of flowers in Vivian's hands and a teddy bear in Ben's hand. A hand was behind his back covering something up and they both had the biggest grin on their faces. Tears streamed down their faces as they saw me smiling back to them crying as well. God I missed them so much.

„God you scared us to death please never ever ever do that again." Vivian spoke through her sob and placed everything down beside my bed.

I embraced them both into a ginormous hug taking in the fact that I haven't seen them for nine weeks.

My body felt weak and everything hurt still but at the moment I didn't care about that. I needed to feel if this was real and it was. They where here with me and I'm so relieved to see them.

„I missed you. I hope I haven't pulled you guys through hell with my stunt." I answered as we separated each other from the hug.

„Don't worry about us bre. We just worry about you and we're happy to see you awake and smiling." Ben answered placing a kiss on my forehead.

„What's that smell?" I asked sniffing around and Ben pulled a pizza out from behind his back.

„We Figured since you haven't eaten anything in weeks you might be hungry. So here you go." Ben opened it and my heart melted. It's not the food I'm melting for. I mean it is. But it's the fact on how much they care and about me.

„You have no idea. Come on sit down I'm not eating alone." I tapped at my bed and they both sat down taking a slice as well.

„Mom you want some?" I asked and she smiled gently shaking her head.

„I think you guys have a lot to catch up on. I'll be here in the morning is that alright with you?" she asks and I appreciate that she gives me space with my friends.