The couch

Aubrey POV

Spending time with Lizzie has become a routine for me. I'm most of the time at her place. I was currently sitting outside with her enjoying the sun and the good weather. She worked on some exam's for her classes and I drew something into my sketch book. I drew the garden that was behind her and I added some things to it as how I would have designed it. It's mainly a little place where she will have some grape ceiling. Also with some fairy lights. Two chairs underneath them with a small table. It's simple but it's looking lovely and if I'd have a place this big I would have done it in no time.

„Wanna show me what you're working on?" she asks peeking and I didn't let her see it.

„Actually it's a little project I'd like to keep for myself for now. It's not ready." I closed my sketch book and she narrowed her eyes at me.

„I would really love to learn some of your sketch skills. Or how you draw with colors. From what I've seen in you're apartment it's really beautiful."
I blushed at her compliment.

„Thank you. It means a lot hearing it from you. Creating anything has been a way to escape life for a while. It's calming and really therapeutic."
I explained and she listened eagerly.

She closed her book wanting to say something but we got interrupted by my phone ringing.
We both glance at it as I picked it up.

„I should take this." I said and picked up.

„Hallo? Mathews here." I leaned back into the seat letting the sun shine down onto me.

„Aubrey? Hey it's Caitlin." Caitlin answered on the other line.

„Hey Caitlin. Is something wrong?" I asked and I heard her breath in deep.

„Are you alone right now?" she asks me and I looked at Lizzie while she threw a questioning look at me.

„No I'm not alone. My girlfriend is with me. Caitlin what's going on?" I asked sounding now a bit concerned. Lizzie looked puzzled at me not understanding the situation.

„Okay good that she's with you. It's about Nate." she said and I got up dropping my pen.

„Babe what is it?" Lizzie asked as she got up as well.
I just raised my finger to sign her to stay quiet for a moment.

„Don't tell me what I'm thinking Caitlin." I said pacing around and there was dreadful silence at the other end of the line.

„It is. I'm sorry. I told you how easy he will get away with it." she answered quietly.

„And what am I supposed to do now? I can't stay at home all the time." I wasn't stopping with my pacing.

„The restraining order against him like we planed. Everything is settled in and we informed him that he needs to stay away from you." I stopped in my track rubbing my eyes in defeat.

„Thank you Caitlin. I owe you."

„Don't thank me. It's my job to help. If he comes any closer to you just call this number it's my private phone not the police station."

„I will, thank you again."

„If you need anything else call me. I gotta go got tho." she said and I heard rustle behind her.

„Yeah sure. Your busy with work. Bye Caitlin."

„See you around Aubrey." and the call ended.

I breathed out deep and I saw how Lizzie was anxious on what was going on.

„What is it babe?" she asks me grabbing y free hand tight.

„It's Caitlin. She called me to inform me on Nate's situation. He is out." I blurred out and her expression changed in a matter of seconds. Her eyes widen in shock and surprise.