Expelled

Y/n POV

Waking up today was way easier then I thought. Going out with Lizzie was really distracting me and it helped me to think of something else. She's been so good and caring for me since we first met.
I did my morning routine and threw on some comfort baggy clothes to head out to pick up Lizzie. I hope that this won't go awkward in any way. I mean after all she still is my professor and I will always have that in mind when I'm around her even when she tells me she's here for me as a friend. I glanced one last time into the mirror checking how I look today and I gotta say it's better than the last weeks. Still not perfect. But likable. I placed my sunglasses on my nose and walked out making my way to my car.

I threw my bag into the back and started engine right away driving off to lizzie's place.
The traffic was fine for now but I know we will drive into rush hour when we drive to school.
She is around 20 minutes drive away from my place. Pretty close if you ask me. I drove up her driveway and I took a shocked look on her house. I mean I saw it last night but there wasn't much to see since it was night time. It's beautiful. A lot off green and it's actually a pretty big house for a persons who lives alone. I honked to sign her that I am outside and she walked out only a minute after.

Sunglasses resting on her face and a classy Professor look. A grey suit but it doesn't look to formal. It's still gives me a relaxed vibe. Her hair shimmered in the bright morning sun and she had a soft smile on her full lips. Damn stop it Aubrey. Why am I checking her out like this?
She raised her sunglasses looking at me in shock. Not me but the car I am sitting in.

„Is this a vintage Mustang?" she asks sounding clearly surprised. I giggled and walked out to walk around opening her the door to let her sit next to me.

„It is. It actually belonged to my grandmother. She gave it to me and I'm taking good care off it. That's why I am not driving it that often." I said as i sat down on the driver seat.

„Wow it's beautiful. I love the green." she said looking around like a happy kid.

„It is. I always used to sneak in when my grandparents wanted to drive home. I was sitting in the back hiding watching how they drive. How she placed her hand on his resting on the clutch. Listening to Stand by me from Ben E. King.
At some point I had to sing along and they were surprised that I was sitting in the back. They then took me to a dinner to eat some pancakes or waffles. After that they drove me home and I did it every time." I grinned at myself as I drove into the traffic. I glanced at her and she grinned bright at me.

„Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked confused.

„Nothing. It's just I love it how your eyes sparkle when you talk about something your passionate about. It sounds like you miss these times?" I nod in agreement.

„I do. I miss them and the time back then. It was easier and careless. You just lived without caring or overthinking." she hummed in agreement.

„I can understand and relate to that way to good. I miss the old time too as teens and Kids. But you have to grow up eventually." I nod understanding what she means totally.

„Where are you driving off?" she ask me as I take a  earlier Exit on the Highway.

„Just getting us some coffee and croissant. Don't worry we won't be late Professor Olsen." I teased her giving her a wink as I said her name.

„Again. It's Lizzie for you." she said rolling her eyes.

„I know. But I noticed that you blush when I call you like that. It's fun." I giggled and she slapped my arm playfully.

„Stop it Mathews." she laughed hiding her face in embarrassment because she blushed.

We drove to one off my favorite coffee shops and I parked quick to get the things. I shorty walked out again with two cups off coffee and a brown small paper bag inside off them warm fresh made croissants. I sat down in the car again and handed her the coffee with the brown bag.
The car smelled instantly like warm baked goods and coffee. She opened the bag and sniffed on them humming in satisfaction.