Back to life

Third person POV

Weeks have passed and Aubrey's condition didn't change. Nothing that would hold the hopes up.
Teresa never left her daughter. When someone called her from work she didn't leave the room. She stayed and the fact that she keeps her promise is major. She has never been a good mother towards her daughter but she regrets everything.

Not being there for her first heart break. Or when she won the talent contest in her school. It breaks her to see her become an independent grown up woman. Not because she doesn't want her to be like this. But because she never took the time to see her grow. To see her Bloom in her personality and everything that comes with it.

Will never cares for his daughter as well. Her father was treating her just as bad as Teresa did.
If she could turn back time she wouldn't hesitate. She would do it in a heart beat and she prays and hopes all the time that she will wake up and give her a chance to do better.

But she would understand if Aubrey wording want to see her. After all this time it wouldn't wonder her if she would sent her own mother away.

„Misses Mathews. We have good news." the doctor that took care of Aubrey came in smiling gently.

Teresa got up to adjust the situation properly.

„What is it doctor?" she asks sounding happy but still anxious.

„It has been more than nine weeks that Aubrey has been in a coma. Her bones are healed and we want tot try to wake her up."

Teresa breathed out on relief and happy tears fell down her face.

„This is Good oh thank god. Will everything go as planned?" she asks probably referring on the brain damage.

„Well her brain damage will be there that for sure. But we need to know how far and deep the damage goes. We can only know if she wakes up and talks to us. She has to go through some tests so we can scan her brain memory loss."

Teresas fear grew on knowing that her daughter might have to fight a lot in her mind. She gibt have lost things permanently and this is something she wishes nobody.

„Okay I guess I should trust in what you do. Go ahead and do whatever you need to do. I'll call someone to let them know she might wake up."
Teresa excused herself walking into the hallway and taking her phone out.

„Vivian? It's me teresa. I have good news." she breathed out whipping her tears away.

„Is it about Aubrey?" she asks sounding a bit anxious that she said good news.

„yes indeed. The doctors want to wake her up from the coma they put her in. Her body has healed so far and they want to try it and see if she has major brain damage. You can come and visit."
Teresa headed Muffed sobs on the other line and she thinks those are happy tears.

„I'll be there. I'm bringing Ben with me." she answered and hung up the line.

„so just to clear you up." the doctor startled to talk to Teresa as she walked back in.

„We will reduce the sedation that put her into coma. We need to reduce them step by step so it can take hours or even days. The brain monitor will be controlled the whole time. If we see pressure on her brain reaction we have to put the sedative up." she explained as she checked things on her clipboard.

„alright. That sounds good I guess. I've actually never experienced a close person being in a coma. How should I approach them? Is there something I could do wrong?" she asks trying to make sure that she doesn't make anything worse for her daughter.