You both turn to look at Barbara and Dutch, who's got their tongues down each others throats. «So, you talked to Barbara, huh?» Johnny says. «Yeah,» you scoff.

You watch as Dutch and Barbara walk off together with their fingers intertwined. «How was training?» You ask as you turn your attention back to Johnny. Johnny groans and puts his hands around your waist. «It was alright.»

You rest your hands over his shoulders. «Just alright?» Johnny shrugs. «It's just a lot of stress with the tournament.» You scan his body for injuries. You only see the old cut on his nose, which is very visible in the sharp hallway lighting.

«About the tournament,» he says and runs a hand through your hair. «I want you to be there.» You smile at him. «Really?» He nods. «Then you can be there for LaRusso, too.»

Your heart almost melts inside you. «You're too sweet,» you say with a grin. Johnny grins back at you, and leans in to kiss you when you're interrupted.

«Nice face, Lawrence,» Joshua spits as he walks past you alongside his friends. The same friends who were outside the country club that day. Johnny makes a move at Joshua, but you stop him.

«He's not worth it, Johnny.» You put a hand on his chest and lock your eyes in his. You can feel his heart through his chest; beating like crazy.

«Yeah, listen to your girlfriend, Lawrence,» Joshua says with a smirk. «And keep her talking. I bet you like it when her mouth is wide open.»

You almost gasp at his audacity, and you don't even bother holding Johnny back when he plunges towards Joshua. He shoves him up against the locker. «What did you say about her?»

Joshua pushes Johnny off, and gestures towards his friends; reminding Johnny that he's outnumbered. «What's your problem, Joshua?» You spit at him. «I'll see you around, y/n,» he only replies, and winks at you before they all walk off.

That piece of shit. You can see Johnny standing with his fists clenched. «He's just an ass, Johnny,» you say in a sigh. «Please ignore him. And please don't pick a fight with him. He's all talk.»

Johnny shakes his head. «It was his friends who broke my nose,» he says through gritted teeth. «What?» You say in surprise. «How come you didn't tell me?» Johnny shrugs. «Didn't think it mattered.»

You snort. Of course it matters. Johnny hates Joshua, Joshua hates Johnny. And if it's this easy for Joshua to get a rise out of Johnny, he's gonna end up with more than a broken nose.

«Please try to behave,» you groan. «Wha—» Johnny moans. «Me?» You have to laugh at the stupid expression he's wearing. «Yes, you. I can't ask him not to be a dick, so I'm asking you to behave.»

Johnny's eyes become thin slits. «Fine, but I'm not leaving your side.» You wrap your hands around his neck and pull him towards you. «Can't complain about that.»

He puts a thumb on your lip, and opens your mouth slightly. «Hey, I was gonna make a bigger deal out of this, but,» he pauses for a second, then he pulls out a crumbled piece of paper from his pocket. «Here.»

You give him a funny look, then you straighten out the paper and look at the writing. You laugh out loud. It just says 'dance'. «Dance?» You say in a snort.

«Yes, I'd love to,» Johnny says with a smirk. Oh, he's slick. «You're so stupid,» you say and give him a kiss on the cheek. «So you'll go with me, then?» He says hopefully. You nod. «Yeah.»

* * *

Going dress shopping with Ali is a lot more fun now that you need a dress as well. The shop is crowded, but you and Ali manage to get a section for yourself.

   «So,» Ali says as she picks out a couple of dresses to try on. «How are things with you and Johnny?» You find a short, blue dress and pick it out. «It's good,» you say, feeling a little awkward talking about it with Ali. «How about you and Daniel?»

Ali blushes slightly. «It's great. He's great. I hope you don't think it's awkward, but I think I love him.» Your jaw drops. «Are you serious?» You put your hands to your mouth. «Ali, this is great. The way Daniel talks about you— I'm convinced he loves you, too.»

Ali bites her lip. «You really think so?» She asks carefully. «Of course,» you reply. «You're great for him. You know he's gone through a lot.»

Ali smiles warmly. «He's great. He's so different from all the guys here— Not that the guys here aren't great, I mean I'm sure Johnny's great to you, it's just—» «Ali, it's okay,» you say in a chuckle as you hear her run out of breath.

«I know you think it's weird, me and Johnny,» you say. Ali shakes her head, but you wave her off. «I know you're okay with it, but it is weird.»

Ali chuckles. «Yeah, I guess it is kinda weird. But it's great seeing him with you. You change him for the better.» Talking about Johnny like this makes your entire body go hot.

«So, what have you got there?» You ask and gesture to the dresses in Ali's hands. «Oh, I've got two long and two short dresses, all in white or black. Do you think that's boring?»

You shake your head. «It's elegant. Sexy. I'm sure Daniel will love it,» you wink at her. Ali rolls her eyes. «What about you?» She asks.

You look down at the blue dress you're holding. «Oh, I don't know. I think I want a long dress, with a slit at the leg, maybe?»

«Oooh,» Ali says excitedly. «Yes, definitely. You have great legs, show them off! So what colour are you thinking?»

You remember Johnny telling you that red is your colour. But you want to go for something a little more subtle. You notice a black dress with a slight shimmer a few hangers down.

You pick it out, and show it to Ali. «What do you think about this?» You ask eagerly. «Oh, that's gonna look amazing on your body,» Ali says with a smirk. «Go try it on!»

You hurry over to an empty fitting room, and quickly change into the dress. It has a bare back, and is tied in a halter neck at the top. It goes all the way to the floor, and has a slit on the left side that goes up to the middle of your thigh. It's perfect.

God, you can't wait until Johnny sees you in this. No, you can't wait until Johnny fucks you in this. You do a last twirl to see if everything fits right, before you change back into your regular clothes.

You meet Ali outside, and she's picked out the short, white dress. «Are you getting it?» You say and nod at the dress. «Yes,» Ali says with a grin, «you too?» You nod. You both walk down to the counter to pay, and leave the shop with matching bags.

«Hey,» Ali says as you walk over to the car. «Do know if it worked out with Dutch and Barbara?» The last you saw of the two was them kissing violently. «I think it did.»

Ali sighs in relief. «That's great. Susan actually went and asked Bobby earlier today, so now we've all got dates!» Yeah, and they're all in the same group. You don't know if it sounds like a bad movie plot or is just hilarious.

   Ali drops you off at your house, and you go into your room to try on the dress again. You put on a pair of heels to get the full feeling.

You look hot, you can't argue with that. You wish you could go over to Johnny's right now and show him, but you want to see his reaction at the dance.

And what do they say, all good things come to those who wait?

* * *

[A/N: Unfunny funfact: me and two friends dated three guys from the same friendgroup for a while. It was chaotic. Do not recommend.]