Kenhina-Bloom-☁️✨

This is another soulmate AU cause ima simp 💀🕺 literally tho i see a prompt and i'm like "🤩🤩🤩 oh you was talking to me?? specifically??? well shiittt now i GOTTA write it 🤩🤩" anyway sorry for all the soulmate AUs but also not sorry cause they're literally life 👹

i used so many emojis- ANYWAY ON WITH IT 

Kenma POV

"Kuro.....do we really have to do this? It's like a zillion degrees outside." I was around 10 years old when I experienced a serious 'blooming' for the first time. It was July. Hot July.

"Kenma!! You're only hot because you're wearing a long sleeve shirt!" Kuroo was

always persistent when it came to doing athletic things. I hated it.

"You know I don't like the way my arms look." he sighed and tossed his volleyball to me. I caught it, but not without flinching.

"You have to get better at volleyball if we're going to make the team! I want you to be my setter!" He struck some kind of superhero pose and looked up to the sky like a man with a dream. I guess that's what he was, a man with a dream.

I never liked the idea of knowing my whole life before I even got the chance to live it. I was only 10, how would I know that I'd be the same person in five, ten, fifteen years? Kuroo seemed to know exactly what he was going to do. He acted like he knew everything and like the universe couldn't take him out at any second.

I despised him for such a positive outlook, but we were friends nonetheless. I tossed the ball back to Kuroo and he received it perfectly because of course he did, he's Kuroo, the 11-year-old volleyball prodigy with the worlds worst case of bed head.

The ball soared back up into the sky and i positioned myself with my hands above my head to set the ball. That was when it happened.

Flowers began blooming out of my arm at an intense rate. In shock, i yelped and tried to keep my arm as far away from my body as possible.

"Ah- Kuro...why are there so many flowers?" my voice trembled as i asked. He knew more about blooming a than me. All i knew what that flowers bloomed out of your skin when your soulmate was hurt. I knew nothing about the amounts or the colours or whatever.

Kuroo scratched his head as if he was trying to remember something when i almost saw a lightbulb sprout above his head.

"Yellow flowers mean it was a fracture or broken bone, depending of course on how many flowers there are." The flowers didn't stop and there were so many. A puddle of yellow roses was forming at my feet and I could only imagine how much pain my soulmate was in.

"How do i make it stop??" I frantically waved my arm around as more roses popped off. Usually the flowers would stop blooming after a couple seconds or at most a minute but this had been going on for too long.

Kuroo had the absolute audacity to giggle at me.

"It'll stop when your soulmates pain levels decrease...so it might be a while if it's a broken bone," he said matter-of-factly. When he spoke like that it always pissed me off. Just because i'm younger doesn't me i'm a dodo.

"Okay yeah but can i like...slow it down? I'm not appreciating this garden at my feet."

"Oh Ken-Ken-"

"Don't call me that."

"-the roses flourishing out of you sweet body are a sign of looovvee~~" he hugged himself and did a little twirl. I, however, was not amused. I scowled at him, scooped up the volleyball and started walking.

"Hey hey wait where are you going?!" he shouted after me.

"Alaska," i uttered.

"Where are you actually going?!!"