Iwaoi-Dreams ✨

Okay so this is a soulmate AU cause i'm sappy. Iwa-Chan will explain the soulmate thing later. 

TW: Mentions of sexual assault 

Iwa POV 

I've known for years that Oikawa was my soulmate.

Not that like i have this huge crush on him, i do, but that's not how i know he's my soulmate.

Let me take you back to second year in middle school. It was the 'big talk' that the teachers would be giving to the teachers. Now it wasn't puberty or the sex talk, most of us already knew about that anyway, but this 'talk' was better classified as the 'dream talk.' The teachers gathered the boys in one room and the girls in the other (i felt bad for my non binary friend) and told us about our dreams.

I don't remember much about it, i just remember panicking. They explained that our dreams were actually our soulmates memories. They also went on to explain the whole concept of soulmates and how according to a greek myth people used to be conjoined until Zeus (that dickhead) separated them. That would leave the two people to be searching for their 'other halve' for the rest of their lives.

I wasn't paying attention to any of that. I was panicking because i knew exactly who my soulmate was. I knew because i would just have a dream of maybe a playdate that i remember having, but it was through Oikawa's eyes. I looked across the room expecting Oikawa to be staring back all puppy-eyed, but he wasn't. He just looked curious about the whole thing.

When lunch came around, I thought that he would be pestering me over and over about how we were soulmates and we would be together forever, but he didn't. I asked him if he knew who his soulmate was, he replied "I don't really have any idea who it could be, i can only remember one of dream and that was of doing my homework. My soulmate is a total nerd."

I laughed it off. I am kinda a nerd, aren't i?

Now it was the first year of high school. My crush on him only got worse. Can you blame me? He hair looks like it would feel like clouds, or maybe a bunny's fur. He has the most adorable button nose. His lips just...they look so kissable. I can totally see him on my lap, maybe on a late Saturday night, with those lips on mine. I could feel his hands against my cheek and his body on mine and...

God, what am i thinking. He was totally oblivious, he keeps complaining about his recurring dream of a Godzilla movie. I remember that movie. I was 11.

Volleyball was an absolute nightmare. I would love to enjoy playing it without him distracting me. His sets are just so perfect. His serves are perfect. Jesus Christ, could he get anymore perfect? And this was just the first year of high school, how was i supposed to spend two more years of his dumbass? How long could i be waiting for him to realise? A year? Three? Maybe the rest of my life.

Second year of high school, he started dating his first girlfriend. He assumed that she must be his soulmate because of her obsession with Godzilla, and the fact that she actually does her homework. She was literally a girl me.

I cried myself to sleep so many nights. I didn't want to have to look at this girl with him forever. I wanted him to be mine already, but i couldn't just walk up to him and say "hey, that girl? yeah she's not her soulmate, i am." Then what would i do? Kiss him? Slap him? Both?

He came to school one day telling me that he had a dream of her crying and he was really worried. I was gonna slap him so hard just to make him realise that i was right here. Be worried about me for a change, how about that? He was nice to her the whole day even though she was trying to tell him that she hadn't been crying. He brushed that off and said "i had a dream about it, you can't hide it."