Osasuna - Red string ☁️

Soulmate AU cause I said so. I'm doing the red string one, basically they're linked to each other by an unbreakable red string tied to their finger. The string snaps when your soulmate dies. 

Suna POV

I never really had any interest in soulmates, or love in general. 

People bore me. I can't say I've really ever had a friend, not that I'm complaining, I'm actually thankful. I've been single my whole life too, so I feel bad for whoever my soulmate is. I always pictures them as a slender, pale person with brown hair, all traits that I don't find particularly attractive. 

But I've definately fanitised about them from time to time. 

Whenever I had a desire to meet them, I would picture them as slightly musculare, not super buff, with light grey hair. Whenever I would try to think of their face, however, it would always look blurry, so yes I will admit that I was slightly anticipating meeting them. 

But apperantly I already had.

Osamu, good ol' Osamu, where do I even begin. Sure I've always found him slightly attractive, but soulmates? 

The realisation hit me like a truck in geography, one of the few classes I have with Osamu. I've never had any interest in geography, so obviously I wasn't paying attention. Instead I was playing with the string on my finger. The "Soulmate String" as everyone calls it. As a joke, I followed the path that the string made, and whoop-dee-doo, it attached to the end of someone's finger at the end of the room. Good ol' Osamu. 

I don't know how I didn't notice it before, but now I can't seem to stop notcing it. 

I've been wanting to confront him about it since I don't think he's noticed yet, but something always happens before I can talk about it. Exibit A, last Thursday, I had just arrived to his house and we were in his room.

"Hey Samu, can I talk to you about something?" 

"Yeah sure, what's up?"

"Well-" 

"SAAAMMMMUUUU MOM WANTS YOOOUUUUU!" Atsumu yelled from downstairs. 

"COMING! I'll be right back." And he left. 

Great. I lost motivation by the time he came back, told him it was nothing. 

But today, ohhh today, I'm gonna say something. The gods can throw whatever they want at me, I'm confronting him and you cant stop me. I managed to get him to go on a walk with me after practice. It was maybe 15 minutes before I got to a more secluded area. Can't have anyone watching. 

"Sooooo, do you ever think about your soulmate?" I asked cautiously. 

"Oh ya know, now and then. I really hope they're cute."

"Really? Huh well uhm why don't you just...follow your string?"

"Huh, really never thought about that." He looked at the string on his finger which dragged in a small trail behind him. He followed it for a bit until it looped back around and he started walking back towards me. He finally came back and realised. 

"Wait...it's you?!"

"Disappointed?"

"Anything but!" And he hugged me tighter than I think hes ever hugged anyone ever. 

"Woah oh my god I've never seen you so happy."

"I don't think I've ever been more happy." He let go for a moment and gazed into my eyes, I could see tears welling up in his eyes, then one rolled down his cheek. 

"Hey I'm nothing to cry over," I said as I wiped the tear from his face.

"But I've had to live through two whole years of crushing on you not knowing if we were even soulmates! Suna, you're all I've ever wanted and more." Now I was beginning to tear up. A smile decided to make itself present on my lips. 

"Don't say sappy shit like that."

"Fine but," he took both my hands and held them in his own, "Suna, would you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course dummy." And I quickly gave him a soft kiss. 

I think I smiled more that day then I ever had in my life. 

And 8 short years later, though I thought it never would, my string snapped in half. 

I'm not sorry lmao :)))) Uhhhh part 2? It's be angsty sooooooooooo hahahaha grab your tissues :'))) 

-Sunny