LXXX

He just didn't get it. He didn't get why Taehyung was soo calm about diving into a lair of goblins.
But that aside, Sangjun was especially curious about how he was willing to do such a thing. By then, he had realized that he was intrigued by him.

He was doing all this just for a simple ring. Surely, it must've had a huge meaning behind it.
All he new at the moment, according to Taehyung that is, is that, the ring belonged to someone important to him. And that... he had lost that person as well as the ring. Was it maybe a family member that he lost? Or just a lover?

As Sangjun questioned that to himself, he glanced at Taehyung's features as he walked beside him to the depths of the forest.

But the intriguing thing about him wasn't his will to risk his life for a ring. It was his eyes. The feeling they gave when he looked at him.
His eyes were void of any emotion. Maybe not void- but it seemed as tough the emotions he felt before had been put off like a candle. So when he looked at him with such as, it would seem as though Taehyung himself wouldn't know what kind of an emotion to give off to the person in front. So instead, he would reflect what would come to him in that nick of time.

It was almost like he was carrying a mask. Yet that mask was broken apart, cracks forming everywhere as he tried to look at him with the utmost interest.
And Sangjun couldn't help but be captivated by that.

"You know... i am really good at understanding people. Yet you... just give off that unfamiliar feeling, as if i'm talking to an unexistent existence."

Taehyung pointed his eyes at him, having that unexplainable emotion in them again.

"You can't figure me out? You mean that."

Sangjun's gaze fell down at his dry lips, before he turned it back at his slender figure. It seemed as though he had been a ghost, yet his expression still had that liveliness inside it. He just wondered about what other expressions he was capable of doing. He wanted to see them.

So just as Taehyung was about to look away once again, Sangjun reached his hand out and then placed it under Taehyung's chin.

"I want to see you make other expressions."

Taehyung's eyes widened slightly, and at that moment, it suddenly wasn't as hard to read his expressions anymore.

"Y-you..."

Taehyung mumbled, unable to continue his sentence. So he just pushed Sangjun's hand with a very tender motion away before looking back at the other direction.
That is when he realized that they had stopped at their steps, and saw that there was a huge crater right before them.

Seeing how there was a dense black fog gushing out of it, he took a moment to analyse the situation.

"It seems that we're here."

Taehyung clenched his fists before taking a step forward, but Sangjun stopped him.

"I couldn't stop you a while ago since you were so stubborn to come here. But that we are here- yoy must realize that what you want to do is stupidly reckless and almost impossible. There must be over hundreds of goblins in there. Just do you think you're going to find the exact one that attacked you?"

Taehyung took in a deep breath and then stood there, silent.
Sangjun tought that it was a dead end, seeing how he didn't answer him back but then... he spoke again.

"There... is a way. Goblins are attracted to the scent of blood. The one that attacked me might recognize me with the smell. I still remember its features so it would be easy to spot him."