XLIII

Baal groaned as he threw the last book on the shelf and it ended up smacking Noctis' face.

"Sir Baal- it would be nice if you'd refrain yourself from keeping this place messy. Our lord wasn't so happy the last time he came down here and scorched me in his fire."

Baal sighed, leaning his head on the table.

"You complain a lot Noct. You're just like my late mother... euh... you just bought some weird memories back-"

Noctis sighed.

"Sir Baal- i don't think that you will find anything important in these books. To free yourself from the council of witches' sight, it would be more logical to do a memory wipe or something of that sorts."

Baal pulled himself up, and then started to walk around the library.

"You think i haven't tought about that? I might be almost as powerfull as Luci over there- but it will be complicated to differ the council members from the rest of the witches."

Noctis, grabbed one of the books and handed it to him.

"There is a way. All council members are gifted a special core of magical power to help them immobilize themselves to the enormous amount of magic in the headquarters. Since the council is right above the tree of life, it is required of them to subdue the effects in order to survive."

Baal blinked, grabbing the book.

"So- if i locate those cores inside them- and pull their memories of me out- ah fuck- genious."

Noctis nodded while Baal glanced at him.

"You know- have i ever told you just how much i hate your monotone voice?"

Noctis looked pissed.

"Every day sir."

In return, Baal smiled smugly. Ofcourse he did.

𖤐𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢𖤐

It was hot. Really hot.
As if the fact that they were inside a cave wasn't enough, Lucifer had made the place like an oven by burning a circle around Jungkook.

"I said concantrate."

Jungkook frowned as sweat poured down his bare skin.

"How do you excpect me to do that when it's hot as hell in here?"

Lucifer pursed his lips, shrugging.

"Hell is kinda cold actually- but hey, it's the way the magic works. You have to trigger your old memories and re-live them over and over again until you're immune to them."

Jungkook's eyes widened, worried.

"What- that was not the plan-"

Lucifer frowned.

"I didn't say it because i knew you'd back out. So, get a hold of yourself and remember. Remember that massacare you did all those years ago... killing innocent lives... just because you lost control of yourself. Remember..."

Jungkook closed his eyes, frowning.

"I didn't mean to-"

Lucifer raised his voice.

"But you did. You have their blood on your hands now... but at what cost? You even killed her..."

Jungkook was on the verge of tears as he clenched his fists.