XLVII

The moon was up and so were the stars.
Despite it being a little windy, it wasn't cold at all.

And above it all, it was quiet. That is until suddenly Baal appeared out of thin air and stepped onto the ground.

He then inhaled the soothing spring air before turning around to face the forest.

"Ahh... finally. I'm back- oh?"

He squinted his eyes upon seeing a dark figure of someone sitting on the grass by the lake. It seemed like a guy.

Just to make shure- he approached him slowly but then realized who it was.

"Jungkook? What are the chances-"

Jungkook turned to face him after hearing the familiar deep voice.

"Oh... so you're back."

Baal hummed as he took a seat beside him.

"Yet you don't seem that happy- or ethusiastic at all. Why the brooding?"

Jungkook shrugged, smiling at his own patheticness.

"I... messed things up."

Baal smiled as he bumped Jungkook's shoulder.

"I do that a lot too. So... tell me. Maybe i can help."

Jungkook sighed.

"I... broke Taehyung's heart... badly. And then i tought that i could fix it after getting my strength back but... it seems that i was wrong."

Baal raised his eyebrow, a bt confused.

"What seems to be the problem here exactly?"

Jungkook looked down.

"Isn't it obvious? It's me- and it'll always be me. Loosing controll like an animal... scared to harm him. But despite that.. i... i don't think i want to loose him."

Baal nodded. He understood the situation a here and there. It wasn't so clear but he got the idea.

"Well... it seems complicated. But if you don't want to loose him then... simply don't."

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his advice. No shit sherlock... like he didn't think of that.

"You know that i was in a similar situation with Aimi right? If i stayed next to her i would've risked her life. And so i dissapeared... but i fixed it. Those council freaks won't have a single thing about me anymore.. hehe~"

Jungkook's lips slowly formed into a smile as he heard Baal's cute chuckle.

"Well... my point is that... you have to be brave. If as you say- in this case, you are the one who could hurt him then, think again. If you love him soo soo much- then the tought of hurting him shouldn't even be in your head."

Jungkook guessed he was right.
Today he exploded towards Haneul because his emotions were hightened at the moment. He let go of the controll and got consumed by his overhwelming emotions at that moment.
Letting his saddness turn into anger...  not that it was a big deal anymore.

But at that moment, he could've turned his anger to Taehyung. He could've exploded at him... but he didn't.
And just as Baal said. He had to be brave, or he was going to end up making it worse.

"You're right... i have to stop being so weak."

Baal looked at Jungkook's hands. He was clenching them.
So he sighed. He had never tought of Jungkook as weak.
He was just overthinking a lot. That's all.