XLIV

Haneul glanced to his side and looked at the way Taehyung was quietly gazing his eyes on the book pages- like it was the most relaxing thing ever. And that tiny smile he had on his lips while reading... it was bugging him somehow.

"So this is what you meant by having fun..."

Taehyung looked up and tilted his head to the side.

"Hm? You don't like to read? Then you can leave if you want-"

Haneul squinted his eyes. Taken back by his words. He didn't think that he would actually say that but he had been cold towards him ever since the beginning. He always had this lingering look in his eyes.... like he was waiting for something... or maybe missing it.
Whatever it was, it annoyed Haneul. He wanted to make that face dissapear yet he didn't know how. He just wanted all of his attention on himself. But it didn't seem possible.

"No... i do like reading books. Altough my preferences a but more.. extreme than yours."

Taehyung looked at the book he had given him and then back at his own.

"You don't like fiction romans?"

Haneul hummed, pulling his gaze towards the bookcase.

"Well... it depends. I'm more into... romance. Erotic novels."

Taehyung swallowed, feeling a bit uncomfortable. He never spoke about such things other than... Jungkook.

"W-what's so good about those? Isn't it just... porn?"

Haneul raised his eyebrows, confused.

"That is coming from a book freak? Really? Now i'm starting to have second toughts if you actually are reading books for the story-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Taehyung threw the pillow from the couch at him and pouted.

"No i don't! I... i read it because it makes me feel safe. It takes my mind off of things... it's relaxing- so what is your excuse?"

Haneul smiled, shrugging.

"Hmm... let's just say that sex isn't just porn as you say it is. It's more... about the touch of someone else's skin. The love and the emotions... the friction between two people... a special feeling really. And it gets portrayed in those books perfectly. Wouldn't you know the feeling?"

When he asked him that question, Haneul was excpecting an another pillow to be thrown at him with a pout. Because Taehyung seemed pretty distant to that subject, seeming how he reacted to the action "sex".
But instead, Taehyung's cheeks turned into a soft cherry pink color, his eyebrows made a small pathetic frown, while he covered his mouth with his hand. He had remembered the first time he had sex with Jungkook... his first time with him.
He remembered the feelings they both had- the emotions which were piling up in a bucket like roses with no thorns.
The way Jungkook looked at him... the way his eyes lingered on his body- like he wanted to make him his... he hated remembering them.

And as if it wasn't enough, at that moment his father came into the house and leaned against the doorway.

"Hey... you came home early, who's this?"

Lee's eyes were rather judgy as he traced Haneul's body like he was an object.

"I'm... Haneul Kyong. And you must be the high priest-"

As Lee suddenly realized who he was, he went closer to him to shake his hand.

"Ah... so it's you. I heard great things about you... and it seems that you have become friends with my son. Hope you can teach him a thing or two- since you're from the council."