| tise |

"I'm sorry for disappearing the night after we first met." I whispered. Looking down, I couldn't face him.

I can feel his strong presence even though our skin is not touching, I wonder why he wouldn't let me touch him?

"It's a good thing, actually." he replied. Which made me confused. Why?

My brows furrowed.

"How?" I asked him. How is it a good thing that I'm gone? At that moment I felt a bit offended.

He only sighed.

"The day after you disappeared, the chaos started." he replied.

My eyes widened. Chaos? War?

"What Chaos?" I asked him.

He only sighed.

"The chaos that the demon, king Demus, created."

I was indeed surprised. His father? The maker of the vampire kind?

"But it's all okay now. My brothers and I took care of him, but it took time." he added.

I only nodded. Good. The war was done. But why is it that his eyes still looks restless?

"What about your sister?" I asked, looking at him.

His eyes then looked soft like he was on the verge of tears. The softness that I never once knew that he has as his cold eyes always pierced my soul.

"Phoebe.. she's... she's one of the people who played hero.. and didn't make it out alive." he said lowly. Pained. His voice showed it all. The vulnerability.

Napahawak ako sa aking dibdib sa kanyang turan. Ang insensitive ko sa parteng iyon. Halatang nasaktan ko nanaman siya. I'm sorry Lust..

Stupid Sharan, you shouldn't have asked that.

I tried to smile to make him smile. Because everytime I do, he does it too. I find it sweet.

"You have eight wishes left, do you want to wish again?" I asked him.

Sakto ang aking pagtatanong ng biglang may dumaang bulalakaw. Nagulat ako, tila totoo nga ang aking mahika, gabi na talaga.

I then saw him close his eyes as he whispered his wish,

"I wish to dance with you like the first time we met." he whispered.

I bit my lowerlip. Oh Lust, you never fail to amaze me. But you do not need to wish for it, all you have to do is ask.

The dance that started my fairytale like night.

"As my master have wished,
your genie will grant the wish."

I whispered and clasped my hand together.

His wishes.

Almost all of it is not his.

It's more for me.

"Are you just going to close your eyes the whole night?" I heard his raspy voice keeping me in reality.

This, this was him. Not the one I met earlier, this was the real him. I smiled as I opened my eyes and we were dressed the same way that we were before. Music playing, us waltzing on the sand as the water touched our feet.

"Did you know? I am a very good singer lady Sharan." he joked.

I chuckled.

This was him.

The version of Lust that I missed.

The carefree one.

The one who taught me how to be free.

"I do not recall hearing you sing, King Lust." I replied.

His brows furrowed.

"You've never called me that before." he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"I never called you that because we only have a night together." I reasoned, touching his nose.

He then pouted.

"I like this side of you." I uttered.

He smiled sadly.

"I like this side of me too."

With that he pulled me closer as our dance continued. But then my eyes widened when he started singing.

"empty streets now,
Where we used to love our hearts out."

He sang. Oh my, he didn't joke when he said that he had a great voice indeed. The cold waters touched our feet in which we didn't mind. The sound of the waves and his voice induced  a beautiful melody. It was as if angels were singing. What can this man not do?

His eyes were pierced to mine as he sang the verse;

"And now I'm dancing all alone,
Scared to go out on my own."

You're not dancing alone anymore, my king. I'm here. I'm still here.  I cannot promise to always be here, but now, I am here.Yet I couldn't help but to get confused, earlier, he didn't want me to touch him. It was as if the Lust earlier wasn't him.

I still couldn't understand.

"This calming feeling faded into anxious breathing,
In the places we were happy once,
It's stuck inside but never home."

Why is it that the lyrics of his songs is exactly what's happening now? Why is it that his song.. I feel like it's for me.. Again, this fairytale of ours is starting.

"And if I lose it all in the blink of an eye,
Like a fire burnin' out in the night,
And my heart stops beating,
But something's screaming."

"Such beauty, yet you are beyond beautiful." he whispered to my ear and kissed the side of my head.

It had me shiver up to my spine. His head was on the side of mine.

This man.

One minute he makes me feel like his everything, the second he's pushing me away.

"And I, wish we didn't say goodbye,
'Cause we're just standing still
And I don't really know what tomorrow holds."

He sang into my ear.

Oh Lust, what do you mean?

My feet doesn't feel tired at all. I can waltz all night with this man. He's.. he's something I hoped on meeting. The sparkle in his eyes is what I've missed. But seeing him earlier, the sparkle turned dull.

Oh what did the world do to you Lust?

"But I've, I've finally realised
If this is our last goodbye until we're gone
Who cares about the wrongs we've 'caused ourselves."

He sang lowly. He then buried his head on my neck as he embraced me. I hugged him back with the same longing and intensity.

"You are my sweet surrender Sharan." he uttered, in which I didn't know what meant.

I was going to ask him why but he hushed me as our forehead touched. There, he gave me the first ever genuine smile I saw after a thousand years. The smile that I wanted to see from him from the start.

"Cause I don't wanna watch the world end with someone else."

-Vwrites-
Sana all sweet surrender :>