| thalatha |

The music played as the feast have started. The joyous laughs and the glittery ball gowns were everywhere. So does fine gentlemen.

The instrumental of 'bad guy' then played. My eyes widened as the door opened which I am standing. Each princess holds a grand entrance. This is mine. All the stares of adoration was now on me. Like the usual, it is nothing brand new, yet I do not love the feeling of it.

'The Goddess Aphrodite blessed her so much. Who knew that a being can be that perfect? Not to mention that she is human.'

'She is so perfect that even with dark skin, she still looks beautiful.'

'I want her to be mine by the end of the night.'

'What a beauty, it would be an honour to bring her back to my kingdom.'

I heard their whispers as I got down from the golden stairs. What can I say? The Arabian princess is an eye catcher indeed.

I bowed to the people due to curtsy as they hid behind their mask. It was so unusual for my father to ready a masquerade ball. Yet I guess this was my sister's idea since she only wants the people to notice them and not the other maidens. In this world, women are in need of a husband.

This was a betrothal ball. My sisters are hoping to find their match tonight.

And in the end, they would want me out of it.

I walked towards our throne, my sisters shooting me with their dagger stares. But the only person I cared right now was my father, who looked ill yet continued the ball for my sisters.

"Let the ball begin!" yelled one of our butlers.

I then sat down on my throne, not wanting to dance.

If I attempted to, my sisters will not let me sleep.

"Ugh, I can't believe you attended this one. You're just going to vixen all the men again. Slutty bitch." my sister, Grace, uttered as she walked to join the dancers.

I glanced at my side and saw my sister, Nicole, smiling at the duke while fixing her hair. She glanced at me and I smiled at her. She only rolled her eyes at me and continued to look at the duke, but the duke was now looking at me, and not her.

That made her snap as she got up and glared at me once again.

My sisters was disgusted by me like I was a disease.

I sighed as I went towards my father.

"Baba? Are you okay?" I asked him.

He only smiled and nodded.

"I am okay my dear Kaur." he said. I only pouted at him.

"Baba, I do not know why you and Mama always liked to call me Kaur. What's wrong with Sharan?" I asked him.

He only chuckled.

"Kaur means princess, is it not? You are your mother and I's princess. Therefore we call you Kaur." he said.

I only smiled at him.

My father had twelve passed wives yet it is only my mother that he fell in love with. All of my sisters were born just because of treaties and convenience, yet I was conceived because of love.

Too bad my parents didn't have a happily ever after for too long. My mother was ill when I was seven, I was twenty one now yet my father couldn't replace her. Therefore I was his last daughter.

"Why don't you join your sister as they dance?" he asked.

I only gave my father a faint smile.

"I do not wish to be betrothed today father, I want to spend my years taking care of you before I get married." I told him.

He laughed as if he heard a funny joke.

"My child, you cannot stay with Baba forever. You will eventually leave me." he said.

I only pouted.

"I don't want to leave you." I whispered.

He smiled at me softly as he got up.

"Neither do, I do not want you to leave me. Well, I have to go and rest. It seems like I have to miss the ball tonight. Enjoy your night Sharan." he said and kissed my forehead.

I only sighed yet nodded.

When father finally left the room, I felt empty. Therefore I sighed. I looked around and everyone was so busy. Lavigne may be helping those whom needs assistance. Sadly, I got out of the ballroom and covered my face.

There was a secret tunnel in the garden wherein I use to sneak out of the castle. Our land is near the desert yet also near the sea. Funny right? I carried my lamp as I looked around for traces of people following me, yet there was none.

I chuckled as I made my way away from the castle. A fabric was ruffled around my face when I got to the end of the tunnel. I smiled as I saw the town. It was not busy as many people were at the castle, but the night market was indeed beautiful.

I streamed down the alleys as the lanterns shined brightly.

My head remained down as I smiled. Pumasok ako sa maliit na eskinita papuntang gilid ng dagat. Doon nakita ko ang mga alitaptap na naglalaro. I looked around and saw no one.

Therefore as I put my lantern down, I sighed looking at the sparkly sea. The moon was reflected from it's waters. It was so beautiful.

"What might the great princess escape the party for?" I deep male voice asked from behind.

My eyes widened as I turned around and saw a built of a man.

I don't know why but his aura was kinda soothing.

"How did you know that I was from the party?" I asked.

He only smiled as he was wearing a masquerade mask. It was deep black as he wore a white prince charming attire. But hid authority aura said otherwise.

But why is it that I found my heart beating for this man?

-Vwrites-
Surprise update?
This one is dedicated for my Vexies!
I love you so much!!!