| wahid |

(DISCLAIMER: I HIGHLY ADVISE YOU TO READ VLACK #1 , #2, AND SHADOWS INSIDE THE ABYSS FIRST, BUT IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE THEN PLEASE DO. THIS CAN ALSO BE READ AS STANDALONE. THE STORY CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. IF YOU'RE NOT AN OPEN MINDED PERSON THEN PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE.THIS STORY IS STILL UNEDITED. EXPECT GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, MISSPELLED WORDS, MISPLACED WORDS, MISSING WORDS, IN EACH CHAPTER. I'LL TRY TO EDIT IT SOON. SCENES/ PLACES/ SONGS/ CHARACTERS/ THAT ARE SLIGHTLY THE SAME AS OTHER AUTHORS' ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL.)

Nine hundred and ninety nine years.

It's been so long since I have been buried in the great desert sand of the southeast asian coast. Sobrang tagal narin mula ng makita ko ang ganda ng labas ng lamparang nagsilbing kulungan ko ng ilang daang taon.

"Lady Sharan, are you not enjoying the party?" asked a genie, I believe her name was Yumi, she was once a descendant of an evil queen who turned out to be good in the end.

Today, we celebrate the making of  our kind.

Today was the start of the shadow eclipse, in which the very first genie was created. Therefore every shadow eclipse, all the genies will gather at one lamp or lantern and celebrate our reborn.

Yet, what is to celebrate if we are slaves?

I looked up at the sky and saw the constellations who doesn't look like the same as the outside, inside the lamp, it is different, it looked constructed. Lahat ng bagay na nagpapaalala saakin ng kabilang mundo ay tila binabago ng mundong ginagalawan ko.

"I'm fine Yumi. You should go talk to the others. I do not mean to be rude, but I am not in the mood to socialise." I told her honestly.

She only nodded sadly in response.

I sadly looked at the stars. Ang lamig ng ihip ng hanging at ang mga bituing tila kulang ang ningning ang laging nagpapaalala saaking hindi na ako makakalabas mang muli sa pagkaka-kulong rito.

Alam ko namang wala na akong babalikan sa labas, lahat sila, gusto na naririto ako. But I can't help to wonder if how are they? How is the sultan? How is my father? Is he alright? Is he saved from all of the greed?

Oh how I wish I can still be with them.

"I see that you have been reminiscing your life outside the lamp, sad to say my child, you will only break your heart more." a voice said from behind me.

I turned around and a smile dawned my face.

"Elder Kayla." I said in relief. She only looked at me and smiled.

We were on the balcony of my castle. It was now my time to host the annual gathering of the genies. There are only thirteen genies in total, they're the same as the thirteen wishes that we should give to our perspective finder. The holder of each lamp.

"Let us promenade, shall we?" she asked as she walked gracefully towards the edge of the balcony. I nodded as the magic carpet stood as our chairs when we reached the peak on the terrace.

"I know that this is your nine hundred and ninety nine day here in the lamp, you have been passed on five masters, correct?"

I nodded.

Even after passed those years, my heart is still hoping.

She smiled at me warmly as she stroked my long straight hair. My coal liked skin was something I am proud about, it makes me imperfect yet it failed to make me less beautiful.

"I know you, Sharan Kaur Singh."

My eyes widened.

None of the genies knew that I was her. I looked at elder Kayla with deep shock.

Her eyes softened.

"You keep on hiding the beauty in your soul, because you are scared of what happened in the past." she said.

My palms fisted.

"Too much beauty is dangerous." I said as we started floating to the air, passing the lake in front of my castle.

You might say that being a genie isn't that bad, but trust me, it is. Under the golden bars, under the beautiful clothes, under your loyal servants, you are still a slave to your master,

And the only way to set you free is to sacrifice a life, in exchange of your own.

"It is sad, you know? Your dark skin compliments your doll complexion. You look like a porcelain doll none the less. Your skin colour might be as dark as the night yet you are a beauty that the world should see."

I shook my head as I looked at the stars.

"No, master. My beauty scared the world, therefore they locked me away." I said sadly.

It's the truth.

That's the reason why I'm here.

I heard her sigh.

"But you are more than just a pretty face, my child. You are someone who's strong, and brave, and kind. You're a warrior. Genies are the people whom needs to be punished from greed. That's the reason why we're created. To give wishes to those whom found us  but we cannot have a wish even though we have all the magic."

My eyes remained lost in the constellations.

"We have all the magic yet the punishment of greed stops us from using it for our own. Yet being a genie means to have a second chance too." she added and held my face.

I looked at her with my ash grey eyes.

"But I do not understand, my Sharan. Why are you a genie? You have never shown greed, you have never been, yet why would you be in here?" she asked.

I smiled at her.

"Envy." I uttered.

They were envious of the beauty I have, they were scared that I would use it to my advantage. They were scared that I'll wipe them all away even though I would never do that.

'Be kind my Kaur, no matter what the world throw you, be kind, okay?' I heard my mom's dying wish in my head.

The Goddess Aphrodite gave me such beauty as a gift to my mom, her bravery and love.  Yet this gift turned into a curse. This beauty that I have, it caused me so much. I was never evil yet,

This.

I am being punished for something I didn't want.

I never understood why, I was okay with them belittling me, I was okay with them hurting me, I was okay with everything.

Until that very night.

A shooting star then passed.

I smiled sadly.

Until the night when I first and last met his eyes.

-Vwrites-
Thank you eclipsedarkside  and cher KaylaErikaJuanzo  for
letting me use your names. Love you both!!