| aithnayn |

'What are you doing here? They said the Sultan's daughters, your mother is just a scullery maid.'

'You know it's really weird that father mated with your mom, your skin is the darkest, ew.'

'No one will want a wife that's skin is as black as the night, they might mistake you as a coal.'

'No golden bangles or necklaces will hide your ugliness.'

Those were only the few words that I received from my twelve sisters. Funny how they call me ugly but all the towns-people says the opposite. Men, women, all of the people in general was so smitten by me, that's when my sister's envy increased. Bakit ba lagi nalang ako iyong pinag-iinitan? Nananahimik ako.

My dark skin was something they thanked for, kasi iyon lang raw ang nag iisang flaw ko. I have a perfect body, a perfect face, and a charcoal like skin. But I do not understand their hate, because black is beautiful. Hindi basehan ang kulay ng balat sa sinasabing nilang salita na kagandahan. Maganda ka kung ang iyong ugali ay maganda. Iyon ang totoong depinasyon ng salitang iyon.

"If you're going to get ready, then please hurry up. We need to use the dressing room." my sister, Micha, said.

I smiled at her softly. Kahit lagi niyo akong sinasaktan, hindi ko magagawang magalit sa inyo.

"If you really need it, you can use it with me." I told her softly.

She looked at me with disbelief as she rolled her eyes.

"Ew, I would never share a room with you nor will our other sisters. Get your head out of the clouds, Sharan. No one wants you here except for Baba whom you've also charmed by your poison." she said and stormed out of the room.

I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror. I used my round golden earrings and bangles.  I brushed my hair and got ready as my orange gown was ready. In these kinds of occasion I tend to be simple, thinking that my sisters will not be irritated. But sister you must realize, I do not have a certain poison and I never will.

But who am I kidding? The centre of attention will always be on me.

No, I am not saying this as a good thing, it is something I didn't want. Too much beauty.

I sighed as I walked out, opening the golden doors, I saw my maid, Lavigne. She bowed to me due to curtsy and I only smiled at her. She then walked beside me as we went to my room. It was now dawn and the party will start when the sun is finally gone. Oh how beautiful. Ang paglubog ng aeaw ang isa sa mga magagandang pangyayari na lagi kong inaabangan.

She closed the golden doors as she sadly looked at me.

"Another ball another betrothal. You will be rejecting a lot of men tonight, are you?" she asked.

I chuckled. Palagi namang maraming lalakeng may gustong umuwi saakin. Ngunit hindi nga lang tao ang tingin nila saakin. Tingin nila ay kapag nakuha nila ako, isa akong trophy. A good display for their people. The 'good catch' as they might call me. But I would never want a man who only wants me for my face.

Lavigne was my childhood friend, she was my only friend really.

I looked around as I made sure that the guards wouldn't see us. I giggled as I leaned towards her and kissed her. Which then she responded.

Lavigne was a childhood friend, not until she confessed.

That's when our forbidden tale started.

I can't be with her because she isn't a man.

In our culture, it is only a mistake, yet I can't let her go. She's the only one I've got besides Baba. The rest of them are fake and only wants me for my beauty.

"You know that I would never want to be married to a man who only boast's about himself, don't you?" I asked her.

She only rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you say princess." she pouted.

As I sat down on my golden vanity, she then started to comb my hair once more.

I took a deep breath as my long hair was hard to comb.

"I heard that this night is special, a certain king is coming—wait, kings. Yes. Kings for the south, north, and east." she said.

I only nodded as I looked at my eyes.

Indeed.

"Who might they be?" I pretended not to know.

Lavigne only sighed.

"I don't know the other kings but only one had caught the attention of all the ladies here." she said.

I know who he is. Who will not?

"The second deadly vampire king, Lust Naviuo Valov."

Even his name sounds intoxicating. He is the heaven that every man and woman lust's for. He stands for his name indeed. He's the king that my sisters would want. And I'm so scared as I felt a tingle inside me too.

Whenever they would mention his name.

I then faked a cough.

"Lavigne?" I called her.

She then stopped putting golden clips on my hair.

"Hmm?" she asked, looking at my reflection in the mirror.

I only smiled at her.

"T-this relationship of ours.. will this be forever?" I asked her innocently.

Lumamlam naman ang kanyang mga mata. She went on my side and held my face.

"Alam mong bawal ito, ikaw at ako. Prinsesa ka at alalay lang ako. Pareho tayong babae pero nagpapatuloy ka. Pero mahal ko, hindi kita pipigilan kung kailangan mong makasal sa iba." aniya.

I looked at her sadly.

Baba, I have to obey my father. Lavigne knows that I can't disappoint my father. He's someone important that I do not want to lose. I would risk everyone to hate me rather than everyone will love me yet my father will not.

"Thank you." I told her sadly as our lips met again.

A little sacrifice for my Baba's happiness..

Rather than mine.

-Vwrites-
Di niyo expected no?
Chill lang hoooo.
Also double update ror.
This chapter is a flashback chapter guys.