15.

The next morning, JJ walked me home. We really didn't talk about how we slept together, just slept, nothing more. It was comforting. I was starting to slowly develop feelings for him and I didn't know how to handle it. It had been the best months of my life, being a pogue. I looked over towards the Cameron's house. It had been empty for a while, I guess they had a vacation home in the Bahamas, they'd been there for a while. They left without saying anything, or maybe they did and I just didn't notice. I was rarely home.

JJ told a joke to me as approached my front porch. I laughed, watching as the door opened. My dad appeared in the doorway, crossing his arms. I knew he was just kidding. My dad was pretty cool. I was not prepared for what was about to happen.

"Young lady, where have you been?" His eyes go to JJ, who he hasn't met before (or at-least to my knowledge he hasn't)

"I'm sorry, sir. We hung out at our friends John B's last night and we all fell asleep there. I took her home as soon as we woke up. I apologize, it won't happen again." JJ's hand went to the back of his neck, which he only did when he was nervous.

"Is that true?" He looks over to me, giving me a wink.

"Yes, dad. It's true. I'm so so sorry." I was trying to be a little dramatic for his sake and he burst out laughing.

"So, this must be JJ huh? I've heard a lot about you. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand to shake JJ's.

JJ's hand reached out and as he took my dads hand, he looked straight over to me with a very confused look on his face. I just gave him a smile.

"Yes, sir. I'm JJ. Nice to meet you too."

"Please, call me Steve."

"Alright, will do."

Their hands drop to their sides and the silence becomes almost awkward.

"Would you like to join us for breakfast?" My dad offers.

JJ's eyes widened.

"Uh, are you sure?"

"Of course, JJ. I want to get to know you, as you seem to be very important to my daughter."

"Dad!" I called out, hitting his arm.

"What? I can't get to know your best friend?"

"Best friend, huh?" JJ looks over to me, a smirk appearing across his lips.

"Oh shut it." I pushed his face with my hand playfully as he laughed.

We walked into the house to see my mom leaning up against the oven, cooking some eggs.

"Hey Mom. I want you to meet my friend, JJ."

"Best friend, actually." I heard him whisper.

I sent my arm back into his side and he grabbed it, hunching over slightly for a moment.

"Nice to meet you, JJ. Are you here to join us for breakfast?"

"Yes, ma'am."

If my parents weren't there, my legs would've buckled.

"You may call me Anna."

"Can you show me where the bathroom is?" JJ tapped my shoulder as we stood awkwardly in the kitchen.

"Yeah, down here."

I felt his body heat radiating against my skin as he walked beside me.

"Are you nervous or something?" I commented, looking up to him.

After the Storm- JJ Maybank (Outer Banks)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें