part 19

Nightmare and Chara made it back to the castle. He had Killer look over the kid to make sure he is not too horribly injured. Killer agreed and took him into his room, where most of the medical supplies were.

Nightmare called the Star Sanses and told them that something came up and he wouldn't be able to make it to the meeting and went to check on Cross. He popped his head in the room, “Hey, Cross, you doing alright?” Cross nodded. He was eating some chicken noodle soup that Killer had made for him. “Alright. I’ll need to talk with you later, alright?” Cross nodded again and grinned at Nightmare to show that he was alright. Nightmare grinned back and left Cross alone.

The next day, Cross was a lot better and decided to go and bother Killer, before he was able to, Nightmare called him.

“Hey, there is someone you need to meet. He is going to be staying here, but I don't know for how long. His room is next to yours.” They went to the kids room and Nightmare knocked on the door. Chara answered and the two talked for a bit before the kid stepped out of the room to meet Cross. Chara surprised both of them.

Chara surprised Cross by who he was. This was X-Tale Chara. He tackled-hugged Cross and curled up against his chest. “Hey Criss-Cross!” Unable to talk and having his hands full, he simply grinned and hugged him. It surprised Nightmare that they knew each other. 

“Of all the things I was expecting, this is not one of them.” Nightmare said as he chuckled.