part 6

When Cross woke, it was due to a night terror from the movie. He was shaking horribly and started to cry. He cried for quite a while, biting into the blankets so he didn't wake the others up. He looked at the time on his phone. It was a little bit past midnight. He groaned, knowing that he won’t be able to fall back asleep. He decided to just watch TV for the rest of the night.

 He went into the main room to see Nightmare sipping tea as he read. Cross hesitated to go to him for a bit, thinking that Nightmare would be mad. He sighed and went to him, lightly snapping his fingers to get his attention.

‘Hey, boss.’

“Hey, Cross. What are you doing up? I thought you were asleep.”

‘I woke from a night terror.’

“From the movie?” Cross nodded and shifted his weight from one leg to another.

Nightmare finished his tea and got up and went to set the mug in the sink to be washed in the morning. Cross stayed there, unsure of what to do.

“Come on, Cross. I’m going to bed. Want to lay down with me tonight?” Cross nodded and followed Nightmare. They went to the end of the hallway and went up stairs that Cross never noticed. Then they went across the indoor balcony that overlooked the main room and some of the kitchen and Nightmare’s throne room.

Cross accidently bumped into Nightmare.

‘Sorry, boss.’

“It’s fine. Just be careful, alright?” Cross nodded.

They went to the end of that hallway and Nightmare unlocked the door to his room and pulled Cross inside.