Chapter 35: It's Been a Crazy Ride

"Won't you hold my hands over my heart?
I want you to close my eyes when it grows dark"

"Won't you hold my hands over my heart?I want you to close my eyes when it grows dark"

"We thought you died".  Gally told Aaron who looked back to him.

"Walkie died.  Not me.  We got out just in time".  Aaron clarified, crossing his arms over his chest and let out a deep sigh.  "She hasn't left his body for almost ten minutes".  Aaron said.

Gally shook his head softly. "I can't believe he's actually gone. Out of everyone, Newt should've been the one that stayed". Gally kept his composer but on the inside he was screaming.

Aaron looked at Gally sadly then to where the others were standing at. "Sorry about your friend". He said honestly before he made his way over to Clara.

"Clara, come on. We have to go. We have to get Thomas-"

Clara finally looked away from Newt and gave Aaron a harsh shove in the chest.  Since he was squatting down he fell flat on his ass. 

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"  She shouted then covered her mouth with her hand, closing her eyes as she didn't want to yell.  She felt bad for doing so in front of Newts body.

"Not yet..."  Aaron whispered, standing up. 

Aaron held his hand out towards her.  Clara removed her hand from her mouth and looked at his hand before grabbing onto it.  Aaron pulling her to her feet.

"I'll get Thomas".  She told him.

"We all will".  Aaron said.

"I will go inside, alone".  She corrected.  "I have something I need to do".

Aaron looked at her seriously and when she turned away he immediately stepped in front of her.  "Clara, you have to get the idea of killing Janson out of your head.  Look what's happening around you".  He gestured with his hands.

"It's over.  Think about your life for just once...please".

Clara didn't say anything and sighed.  "Just let me get Thomas".  She looked at him, waiting for a response and he merely nodded.  Clara wrapped her arms around him, giving him a tight hug for a moment before pulling away, her hands behind her back.

"Radio?"  She asked and Aaron handed her one. 

"Keep me updated"

~~~

Clara ran down the hall as she heard Thomas and chaos happening. The sound of glass breaking and Thomas shouting once more made her quicken her pace. She came to a stop when Janson and Thomas flew through some glass. Clara instantly changed courses and went down a different path as the two continued to fight.

Janson pulled out his fun and pointed it down at Thomas with a smirk. "Ok. That's enough".

"You're right. That is enough". Clara said and through a punch in his face. He didn't fall but the explosion that came their way certainly did.