Chapter 31: Rose Took My Nose

"Break me down and build me up
Whatever it takes
'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins
I do whatever it takes
'Cause I love how it feels when I break the chains
Whatever it takes"

"Break me down and build me upWhatever it takes'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veinsI do whatever it takes'Cause I love how it feels when I break the chainsWhatever it takes"

"After the maze I got picked up by a group heading to the city. Realized I was immune, patched me up and brought me here. Lawerence. This group has been at war with WCKD ever since they took the city. But WCKD can't hide behind those walls forever." Gally explained to the group, trying to hold back his smile as Clara held his hand tightly, swinging their arms back and forth.

"Damn right they can't." Aaron nodded, agreeing with him.

"The day is going to come where they will pay for what they have done." Gally nodded, glancing to Aaron before he stopped, letting go of Clara's hand as he turned to the group.

"Listen, uh. He doesn't get a lot of visitors. So, let me do the talking."

"Hear that Thomas?" Aaron started as he looked at the younger boy. "So don't say anything." Aaron said seriously.

"Alright? Try not to stare." With that Gally started to walk again.

"Heard that one before." Clara mumbled, shrugging as she followed after him.

"Rose took my nose, I suppose." The man muttered to himself a few times, turning to the group just slightly.  "Gally, glad you made it back.  I was told what happened."  Lawrence commented.

"It was a slaughter.  Nothing we could do with those guns."  Gally told him, holding onto his bullet proof vest as he spoke. 

"No...but they can only poke the hornets nest for so long before they get stung."  Laurence picked up a red rose and smelled it...if he can still smell?  "Who are these people?  Why are they here?"

Gally was about to speak but damn Thomas can't keep his mouth shut and stepped forward.  "We need to get into WCKD.  Gally said you could get us through those walls."

"For fucks sake."  Aaron mumbled, tilting his head back.  "One job.  He had one job."  He groaned, shaking his head.

"Gally should know better to make promises he can't keep."  Laurence told Thomas.  At those words, both Clara and Gally looked at each other.  Empathy clear in both of their eyes as they were both thinking the same thing...Laurence was right after all.

"Am I going to die?"  Clara's voice cracked as she looked to Minho then to Gally.  Both of the boys hearts broke at that.  Minho didn't say anything and Gally pulled her into a tight hug.

"No.  You're not.  You're going to be fine...I promise." Gally sighed.

"Besides, that wall is only half your problem." He grabbed his whatever stripper pole device thing that has magic liquid in it and strolled closer to Thomas. "Getting inside WCKD is impossible without a way in."