Chapter 20: Family Reunion, Huh?

"Truth gonna come out, someday
It's gonna wipe that smile right off your face
But you can run
You can run
You can run"

"Truth gonna come out, somedayIt's gonna wipe that smile right off your faceBut you can runYou can runYou can run"

Group A ran through the abandoned mall.  Cranks right on their tails as they ran up the escalator.  A crank lunged at Jack and dragged him down with him back on the first floor.  They continued to run until a crank jumped on Newt.  Thomas immediately went over and pushed the crank off him and helped him up.

"Thanks Tommy."  Newt breathed out as the crank went to lunge at him but a shot went off and the crank fell dead.  The two boys looked from the dead crank to the gun that was aimed at them.

Clara slowly pulled the gun down as she looked at Thomas.  She had her black bandana covering her face as she grabbed another gun from her waist.

"Which one of you idiots turned on the lights?"  She questioned as more cranks made their way towards them.  "Move!"  She said and lifted her two guns up and started to fire away.

"This one!"  Minho said as Fry tried to get the door open.

Winston stood beside Clara as he was shooting at cranks as well. One of Clara's gage got empty and she immediately dropped it to the ground before putting a new one in and started to shoot again.

"Damn." Minho breathed out as he watched her.

"Can you hurry up?" Clara hissed as Winston gun was now empty.

"I'm out!" He shouted and Clara shoved a pistol his way.

"You're giving that back to me." She told him as the two continued to shoot. The door finally got open as the others ran out.

Clara quickly grabbed the back of Winstons shirt and pulled him out. But cranks latched onto him and started to pull him back. Winston screamed as he grabbed onto Clara's arms, Clara gripping him tightly.

"Help me!" Winston cried out as others started to pull him as well while Minho tried to keep the door closed. Thomas went to help Minho as they finally got Winston out.

"Go! Go!" Thomas told him as Clara helped push the door back as well. But not after she got a glimpse of Minho. She took a second glance and couldn't believe her eyes. But this was no time for talking.

The three quickly ran as the door flew open, the cranks right behind them as they ran. A sudden hand grabbed Clara and pulled her down under some concrete. The hand belonged to Fry.

"Shhhh. Shhh." Fry told her as she sat up straight against the concrete. Thomas quickly turned off the flashlight as they all huddled with one another. No one asked who Clara was. They didn't have time. Not yet anyways.

~~~

Clara didn't even sleep. She didn't need sleep. She needed to get on her radio and get Aaron to pick her up. Clara stood up as she looked at them sleeping. Her eyes flickered from Fry, to Newt, to Minho. They're alive, along with these newbies. But where were the others? She had a feeling she knew, but she couldn't be sure.