Chapter 9: Two Years & Two Months In

"Some people wanna die so they can be free
I said, life is just a game, we're all just the same (do you wanna play?)"

"Some people wanna die so they can be freeI said, life is just a game, we're all just the same (do you wanna play?)"

Clara stood in front of the wall that had each of the gladers names on it.  Her eyes flickered from George's crossed out name to Stephen's.  How many more will be crossed out?  Sweat dripped from her forehead as she was standing there for awhile, the sun shinning down on her.

First George, now Stephen.  Whose next?  But she couldn't help to think what George said that day he died and the conversation Stephen and her shared.  She would be lying if she said she didn't fear for her life.  But the thought of the other glader's doing harm to her was erased from her mind.  The only harm that has ever come to them was due to the creators.

After she was done staring at the wall that was planted inside her mind she made her way to the deadheads that comforted her in a way. Clint who noticed she was off today told her to go take a walk or something. Clear her head.

Clint was stitching up a slicers hand when Gally came in and raised an eyebrow when he noticed Clara was no where to be seen.

"She's walking around somewhere."  Clint told him, not bothering to look at Gally once he saw him enter.  He knew what he was going to ask.

"Do you know where?"  Gally asked.

"Beats me.  You're her best friend.  Shouldn't you know?"  Clint asked with a small chuckle.

Gally thought for a moment before he walked out the door, immediately going to the deadheads.  He stopped when he saw Clara kneeled down at the two graves.  He let out a sigh before continuing.  He stood next to her and looked at the graves before kneeling down beside her.

"Want to talk about it?" Gally asked and turned his head slightly in her direction.

"No." Clara replied simply, keeping her eyes straight ahead. Gally looked from each grave seeing they each had seven blue Ipomoea flowers on them.

"At least we still have each other."  Gally tried to lighten the mood as he hit her shoulder with his lightly, making her smile.

"I would honestly go insane if you weren't here." Clara told him honestly and Gally snorted.

"You'd go insane?" Gally questioned then pointed to himself. "I'd go insane. You're the one person in this place that makes this place livable."

"Oh, stop. Now you're just saying things." She laughed, pushing him playfully and stood up.

"I'm serious." He smiled honestly, following after her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

~~~

Another bonfire.  A celebration to another greenie arriving. Clara was sitting next to Newt while Minho and Nick were sitting on the log in front of them. Clara placed the jar to her lips and drank from it. Gally's special recipe did wonders, no doubt...whatever in the hell was in it.

There was no doubt that Clara was drunk...wasted in fact. The moment the whole party thing started, she grabbed the jar from Gally and started drinking. Nick lost count after the fourth refill.

"What-what is the greenie's name again?" Clara asked as her eyes fluttered slightly, waving the drink around.

"Aidan." Newt answered, looking at her worriedly.

"Aaaaaaa." She laughed at herself and the three boys shared a look with one another.

"Hey, Clara. Maybe you should drink some water instead." Minho suggested.

"Think it'll serve you some good." Nick looked at her facial expression she was giving Minho.

"Fine." She shrugged and held her hand out towards Minho, opening and clasping it, waiting for him to give her the water.

Minho reached over and grabbed the jar that contained water and handed it to her. Clara placed it to her lips and put the water in her mouth. She then set the glass down and looked to Minho before squirting the water that was in her mouth at him.

"Hey!" Minho quickly stood up.

"Ok. I have to admit. That was pretty funny." Nick chuckled and drank from his jar.

"Gimme."  Minho reached over and tried to grab the jar that contained the alcohol but was met with the water in his face instead.

"Oh."  Newt had a worried look on his face as he looked to Minho who wiped the water from his eyes.

"As long as I didn't get dumped with water this time.  I'm fine."  Nick looked to Newt then to Minho.

"Clara."  Minho gave her an annoyed look.

"What?"  She asked.  "I'm fine.  I don't need you to baby me Minho."  She leaned backwards and if it wasn't for Newt, she would've fallen on her ass.

"Clara." Minho said once more, this time he wasn't annoyed. He was worried. She never acted like this before.

"I'm-I'm going to find other people. This is stupid. You're all stupid." Clara slurred, trying to stand up but Newt held her down.

"Clara, we know you don't mean that. Just relax." He sighed and she slapped his hand away even though he gave her a stern look.

Clara didn't make it that far away from them because she tripped over her own feet and landed on her face.

"That looked like it hurt." Nick pointed out.

Minho helped her sit up and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Stay still. You're acting like a toddler." Minho sighed.

"Stupid." She pouted like a child and Minho grabbed the drink she was reaching for.

"Again with that word." Minho sighed.

"What's going on?" Gally asked as he walked over to them.

"Clara's shit faced." Nick told him simply.

"Stupid." Clara said once more.

"Aaaaand she has a new favorite word." Minho pointed down at her since he was standing in front of her.

"Alright.  Up you go."  Gally grabbed her from under her arms then flipped her over his shoulder.

"Weeeeeeeeee!"  She giggled and had her arms out.

"Yeah.  Weeeeeeee."  Gally nodded.  "Say bye, Clara."  He told her as he started to walk away with her over his shoulder.

"Bye Clara."  She waved to the three and they laughed a bit.

"She's so not going to remember this."  Newt nodded.

"No way."  Minho sat back down.

"Alright. You're sleeping here for tonight." Gally placed her on a cot in the MedJacks, placing a blanket over her.

"Hug. Hug." Clara smiled as she reached up to him like a child.

"Yeah. Yeah." Gally smiled and leaned over, giving her a hug as best as he could.

"You need to rest." He pulled away and sat on the edge of the cot, looking at her. He knew why she drank so much tonight. It's what everyone does when life seems hopeless. Drink your sorrows away. He sighed as he moved some of her hair away from her face.

"We have to move on Clara. It's the only way." He told her seriously as she started to fall asleep. If only Gally could take his own advice later on...

**One more chapter till Part One is over! Let me know what you think so far & if you have any questions, feel free to ask**

**Controversy ~ Prince**