Chapter 18: Till Forever Falls Apart

"I'm so glad I got to hold ya
And if the sky falls from Heaven above
Oh, I know I had the best time fallin' into love
We've been livin' on a fault line
And for a while, you were all mine
I've spent a lifetime givin' you my heart
I swear that I'll be yours forever, 'til forever falls apart
'Til forever falls apart""

"I'm so glad I got to hold yaAnd if the sky falls from Heaven aboveOh, I know I had the best time fallin' into loveWe've been livin' on a fault lineAnd for a while, you were all mineI've spent a lifetime givin' you my heartI swear that I'll be you...

"You two on mountain duty today?"  Clara asked as she stood in front of Harriet and Sonya.

"Yeah.  Sorry, thought we would be with you guys today."  Sonya smiled softly.

"Boo.  Now I have to deal with the two children on my own." Clara frowned slightly.

"Children?"  Aaron asked as he heard their conversation.

"Yes, children.  Well, more like Carter."  Clara explained.

Aaron just shook his head before handing Sonya and Harriet each a water container.  "Let's go Clara.  Hope to be home before dark."  He told her and turned around, heading to the jeep.

"Bye Clara."  Harriet smiled as she headed to her spot, Sonya giving a small wave before following after her friend. She didn't get too far when a pair of arms wrapped around her, pulling her into their chest.

"Hello Carter." Clara greeted as she didn't even need to turn her head to know who those arms belonged too.

"Where are you going?" Carter asked as he rested his chin on top of her head.

"Where are we-Carter! Did you forget?" She laughed slightly.

"Maybe...let's go."  He pecked her cheek where the scars were.  Something he did often to let her know that she was beautiful just the way she was.

Aaron turned on the ignition when he saw the two walking over.  "I was this close of leaving without you two."  He gestured with his fingers and Carter just smiled and sang a tune to himself before gripping the edge of the jeep and jumping in.

"And off we go."  Aaron slid his dark sunglasses on, changing the gears to drive and slamming on the gas.  The two held on at first, all being familiar with how fast he goes.

It didn't take long till Carter was talking again.  He stood up slightly, leaning between the two, as he put a CD in the console.  "Really?"  Aaron asked.

"I was dealing with silence for five minutes.  You know how I hate silence."  Carter gave him a side look before pressing a button and sitting back in his seat.   Aaron let out a sigh, looking back at his friend slightly.

"As long as it's not that damn song-"

Did you stand there all alone?
Oh I cannot explain what's going down
I can see you standing next to me

"Fucking hell.  Kill me."  Aaron groaned.

"Oh, come on.  It's not that bad.  It's quite nice actually."  Clara smiled a bit as she messed around with the gage in her lap.