Chapter 32: Let Me Tell You a Story

"Hello, hello, hello
With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us"

"Hello, hello, helloWith the lights out, it's less dangerousHere we are now, entertain usI feel stupid and contagiousHere we are now, entertain us"

"No. There's gotta be another way." Thomas made his way back to the table where the others were around at. Clara groaned at his answer while Gally looked at him. "Like what? You've seen the building. She's our only way in."

"You really think she's going to help us?" Thomas asked.

"I don't plan on asking her permission." Gally gave him a look.

"Am I missing something here?" Brenda spoke from where she was sitting. "This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? The same dick?" She asked and Aaron snapped his fingers as he pointed at her, giving Thomas a look.

"I like her." Gally glanced to Brenda, pointing his thumb in her direction.

"Thomas." Clara spoke up as she saw him pacing slightly. "What's going on?"

"What? You afraid your little girlfriend is going to get hurt?" Newt asked. Clara looked to Newt in shock from his tone but what he said as well. Newt stood up straight, looking at Thomas. "Hm? This isn't just about rescuing Minho, is it?"

"Newt, what are you talking about?" Thomas looked at his friend.

"Teresa. She's the only reason Minho is missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back and what-you don't want to because of her!" Newt got closer to Thomas, backing him up to a wall. "Because deep down you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it."

"Newt I-"

Newt grabbed his shoulders and shoved him in the wall. "DONT LIE TO ME! Don't.  Lie. To. Me." The group watched in shock, not seeing this side of him before. Newt seemed to realize what he did and let go of Thomas, stepping away.

"Sorry." He whispered to Thomas then turned to the others. "I'm sorry." He apologized and walked out of the room.

Clara who noticed Newt hold onto the same arm once more knew what was happening. Newt was infected. This may be just one sign, but Carter would burst out in anger as well. Aaron looked to Clara, having a feeling what it was as well. The two gave each other a knowing look before Clara soon followed after Newt.

Clara slowly made her way to the roof, seeing Newt sitting on the ledge. She made her way over to him and sat down a few inches away as she glanced at him. "I know you have it." She spoke up.

"What do you mean?" Newt asked.

"The flare. I've noticed you holding your arm a few times and that show just back there..." Clara gestured behind them then placed her hand on her leg. "Carter was the same way before...you know." She sighed.