Chapter 15: The Right Arm

"I was calling
For the last time
We've been here before
They found the pictures in the snow
I can tell your eyes
Looked beneath the blue
I walk underneath the trees
For the first time"

"I was callingFor the last timeWe've been here beforeThey found the pictures in the snowI can tell your eyesLooked beneath the blueI walk underneath the treesFor the first time"

"What happened?"  One of nurses questioned as she was set on a bed.

"She fell at least from two stories onto some stray metal piece."  Carter told the lady.

"Who knows how much blood she has lost ma'am." Aaron told her and she nodded as another nurse came in.

"Step inside you two. We got it from here." She said and Aaron nodded before pushing Carter out of the tent.

"Will she be alright?"  Carter asked worriedly.

"She's in good hands.  These meds are the best of the best."  Aaron gave him a reassuring smile.

"Come on.  I want to introduce you to the guy in charge...Vince!"  Aaron shouted the last part as a man turned his head, making his way over.

"Aaron, you're back.  New guy?"  He asked, looking to Carter.

"Yes sir, this is Carter.  There's also someone else.  The medics are taking care of her.  Had an accident, she'll be fine.  The two are from WCKD sir."  Aaron told him, standing up straight.

"WCKD, huh?  How did you get out?"  Vince questioned Carter.

"I found a way out, then I was in another facility and met Clara.  We escaped."  He told him simply, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Alright, you're safe here.  Welcome to being apart of the team."  Vince smiled and placed his hand on the kids shoulder before heading in another direction.

~~~

"Clara."

"C!"

Clara moved her hand and felt grass below her, she opened up her eyes and was met with Gally.  He had a wide smile on his face as he crouched down to her.

"What are you doing laying down?"  He laughed and pulled her to a seating position.

"I-the glade?"  She asked as she looked around the familiar surrounding in front of her.

"Yeah.  Where else would you be?  Did you hit your head or something?"  Gally asked and touched her forehead.

"No...where's Cart-never mind.  I'm just glad to see you."  She wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"Glad to see you too.  It's only been two hours."  Gally hugged her back before letting go.  "Come on, dinner is ready."  He stood up and began to walk, Clara following after him.