Chapter 33: Traitor Bait

"There's no surrender
And there's no escape
Are we the hunters?
Or are we the prey?
This is a wild game of survival"

"There's no surrenderAnd there's no escapeAre we the hunters?Or are we the prey?This is a wild game of survival"

As they waited for Thomas and Gally to get back with Teresa, Clara was having an intense stare off with Lucas. Even though he blinked a few times while having an annoyed look on his face with his arms crossed over his chest, she refused to blink.

"You're really creeping me out." Lucas commented and Clara didn't say anything. She just kept staring at him while her other hand grabbed a card from the table where her and Aaron were playing War a few moments ago.

Lucas let out a groan, rolling his eyes as he shook his head. "Is she always like this?" Lucas questioned.

"Like what?" Jorge questioned as he walked over to the table, smiling a bit as he saw the card in Clara's hand.

"A weird, spazzing child." Lucas said.

"She's eighteen."  Jorge corrected.

"Yeah, well I'm twenty-four.  So, technically a child in my books."  Lucas glanced at Jorge before looking back over to Clara who was still staring at him.

"Yeah, and you're technically too slow."  Clara flicked the card a certain way where it went flying and hit him in the face.

Jorge and Aaron chuckled, knowing that was her plan all along once they saw her grab the card.  Lucas, on the other hand was not entertained one bit.

"You know.  If you weren't Gally's 'best friend' I would have killed you by now."  Lucas said seriously, throwing the card on the ground.

"Hey!  Easy man.  You can't find cards like you used too."  Aaron pointed out.

"Wow, Lucas."  Clara started off in a soft voice and understanding eyes.  "You act like I care of what you say."  Her voice and facial expression quickly changed as she shook her head.

"I don't like you either but we clearly know whose winning."  She smiled widely, standing up and going over to a different table.

"Yeah.  I know."  Lucas nodded.

"Me."  Clara and Lucas both said.  They heads immediately snapped to one another with both deadly glares.

"Alright.  Fine.  Let's have them decide."  Lucas pointed to the people in the room.

"Annnnd he's still an idiot."  Clara muttered to herself.