BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 11

Start from the beginning

"It was kinda cool Daddy,just keep on making dua" I smiled as I picked up a candy from the nightstand.

"Allaah will make you successful"

"Ameen. I will be going to my room now,later"

"To your room or to Mahmud's" Dad chuckled knowing I'm glued to Bayyaa and his room. Allaah knows what I will do when he gets married.

"Daaaad" I pouted and ran out.

Yuuuuuuuh! Tomorrow we will be having the best paper,Maa Teh Ma Tics! I shouted and sang all around. I took a quick bath and prepared food as I removed all the books in my math book shelf. I was gonna study hard to celebrate hard!
My phone beeped...

_Zakir_
_12:45pm_
_Stop celebrating and study,even if Maths is your cup of Tea_

Huh,this boy is my genie. He knows everything that I do but I was not going to reply him,remember,he has to apologise for walking out on me.

I made sure I read every single topic and understood it before moving to the next. It was so fast...I was done reviewing all the topics before Zuhr prayer,but just a minute before.

I closed my books and prayed and went into Bayyaa's room to wait for him.
Just as I entered inside his room,I heard his car at the gate...what can be a better timing than this!

"Salaamu alaikum Noor" he knocked and made salaams simultaneously. I rushed to the door with a big smile. Even if I see my brother everyday,talk to him every second,I still yearn to see him....to trouble him but above all,to make him smile.

"Bayyaa!" I opened the door and feigned surprise.
I hugged him tightly before allowing him in.

"You are supposed to be studying in your room,right?"

"I am done!" I announced.

"Maths?" He smiled and I nodded. He knows I am a math genius and that always leaves him in awe because he used to be very bad in maths.

"Did you leave my food in the car?" I asked.

"No,it's coming" What?

"Who is bringing it?"

"Umarr" my heart stopped beating for a moment.

"Ohh,Umarr is with you?"

"Yes he is,your bestfriend" he patted my shoulder and went into the washroom.
Well,I don't know how it happened but I have always had a big crush on Umarr. Sometimes I feel I was too young for the feeling of 'love' and sometimes I feel I was too young to fall for Umarr. Other times,I feel it was just so right. I feel good in his presence and can you imagine,the overreactive Noor is shy of Umarr. I try my best to get the shyness out of the way but it has not been easy. This is something that I can never tell Bayyaa,he will not like it. What about Umarr himself,he just thinks I'm his little sister...their so called 'Baby sister' when he doesn't know that all I dream of,is him.

Do you know that Dad will kill me when he realises his little princess is thinking about love during her exams,huh yaa Noor! Let me try to forget that Umarr is my crush for now.

I picked Bayyaa's phone and started playing random games to get my immature mind to think about immature things.

Just then,the door flapped open and there was Umarr coming in carrying a lot of boxes.

"Ohh Bestie,Salaamu Alaikum" he smiled as I helped him drop the boxes safely.

"Wa alaikumus salaam bestfriend,thank you for bringing my heavenly goods" I smiled back.

"Anything for you" he said and took a seat on the sofa. For a normal person,that must not mean anything but for an excessively sentimental Noor,it sounded Romantic.

I sat back on Bayyaa's bed and he immediately came out of the washroom. At least he saved me from being alone with a 'non mahram' bestie.

I picked his phone and got back to the game that I was playing as he chit chatted with Umarr.
Every now and then,being the Harami that I am,I get into Bayyaa's gallery and look at Umarr's photos.

He was just Maa shaa Allaah! And I looking at his photos made them Astaghfirullaah! He was not a sheikh,but his deen was the top of his list. Unlike Bayyaa,he is so classic,yet so respectful. Ok both Umarr and Bayyaa have killer looks but I will have to admit,Umarr is more charming,at least to me. He got this milky complexion that was so clean. He has a medium height,a little bit shorter than Bayyaa and a lot of hair on his head. Unlike Bayyaa who visits the Barbing Salon every week. He got a little beard and the best sense of fashion. And what makes him the most charming prince of all times was,his Smile!

"Noor" I jolted from my position as I was brought back to the real world.

"Yes Bayyaa"

"Let's have food...are you not hungry?"

"I am,why would you even think I am not" they both laughed and we ate with laughter, as always.

"So my bestie is having maths tomorrow?" Umarr asked and Bayyaa nodded.

"Whenever you have any problem in maths,don't forget to contact me...I used to beat Mahmud in it" he was a maths genius,just like me....how romantic,lol!

"She will beat you in maths if you compete" Bayyaa praised me and I slightly blushed.

"Really? I never knew Noor was a Mathanette. Allaahuma Baarik and good luck" Everybody,please call me MATHANETTE!!!

"Thanks dude" I acted all cool.
I was good in math and whenever I had any problems,the solution was always in front of me,in the form of Zakir,my human calculator! He is the reason why I need no one's help when it comes to school,may Allaah preserve him for me...my enemy.

After having food,I left the boys in their room and went to my room. I did a final review of my notes and grabbed a little rest.

-----

"I know it's Maths and it's my favorite but I am scared my confidence will bring me down" I stated my fears to Zakir.

"You studied right,you prayed right...your confidence is necessary and you will ace it as usual...Inn shaa Allaah" see why I say Zakir is the best

"I hope you stay this positive forever"

"In your dreams catty Noorie" he says that to irritate me. Just then,the bell rang and we rushed to the hall.

My heart was beating so fast that I thought it wanted to come out of my chest. I slowly opened the paper as the bell rang and answered the first question on the paper.
Everything became so easy,I felt free and my pen was running on my paper so confidently. Sometimes,I even smiled to the paper and I worked very fast to not run out of time.

'Time is up' I got up and walked pass my colleagues as they struggle to finish their work when it was already time and passed my paper. Right behind me,was Zakir....we winked to each other and headed out.

"Yesss!" We squealed and walked home with smiles!

-----

(✏TIMABELLE💛)