Nalu (4)

Lucy smiled halfheartedly and painfully as Natsu dragged her by the hand towards their mission site. Happy giggles in the air as he glided.

"He liiiikes you!"

Classic Happy.

Lucy wanted to kick him ("Lucy kick!") but she couldn't because he was too high up. She shot a glare at him, but he only laughed.

Their mission was to take care of a herd of boars that had been tearing up the nearby farms. The pigs would uproot all the food and there wasn't going to be enough food come harvest time if they were not stopped.

Natsu spotted one of the boars suddenly. He made Lucy and Happy crouch down with him behind a fallen tree. It was quite mossy and rotten.

Natsu leaped on top of the log for a surprise attack fire dragonslayer roar, but just as he was about to do so, he slipped, landing on top of Lucy, causing a laughing fit from Happy and Natsu to blush. This kickstarted the potions side effects again.

"Agh!" Lucy yelped trying to get him off of her. "Get off me Natsu!" In his nervousness from the potion he could only flail.

Lucy climbed on top of the log where it was not mossy, so she could not only escape from Natsu, but also finish the boar that Natsu could not.

"I summon the celestial spi-" Lucy has Scorpio's key in hand, but the boar was gone!

"Eh?!" Lucy looked around and then she heard a creek be with her feet. The log was too rotten where she stood.

Lucy wobbled and then fell into the great log, which was actually really, really big. It was probably at least 5 feet in diameter. The old tree was a hollow, gaping log, suggesting it had been there many years. It wasn't surprising Lucy fell through.

"Lucy? Are you alright?" Natsu called into the hole she disappeared into. Happy looked in as well.

"Yeah..." Lucy replied sorely. "how foolish of me." She thought.

Natsu reached in a hand as far as he could. Hiding his blushing face out of view of the hole. Happy watched.

Lucy grabbed his hand and he helped her stand and then step out of the hole, onto the log where they sat for a bit.

"Well the boar left..." Natsu said sniffing the air. He was surprised at how short the side effects from the potion lasted this time.

"Yeah. Do you smell it?"

Just then there was another creeping noise and the two caused another hole in the top of the log. They fell through, Lucy yelping a little in surprise.

They sat up in the log, looked at each other and laughed. Happy giggled at the top of the fresh hole.