Miraxus (3)

Laxus watched Mirajane with such longing the next day, but at a distance of course. He hoped Elfman would leave him alone and that Mira would want to talk with him more.

"This stupid love potion is making me pathetic.... but she's so pretty..." Laxus thought and blushed, "and there it goes again..."

Laxus was overtaken once again by the love potion and he walked over to Mira where she was serving Cana some more beer. He waited until Cana walked away and then spoke to Mirajane in a tone he didn't even know he was physically capable of making.

He spoke to her in a gentle but truthful tone, steady and smooth, Mira was surprised at how soothing his voice made her.

What soothed her even more were the words he spoke.

"Mira... you said not too long ago you wanted to get to know me better. I don't want anything else right now but you in my arms. all I ever wanted was for something good in my life, and Mirajane, that's you!" Laxus told with such confidence and conviction, despite his ears brimming red like hot fire coals.

Mirajane knew deep down inside it was the potion, but she also knew deep down he did in fact look really cute in this shy, bashful personality. it seemed so unlike him, but at the same time, it seemed just like something he would do.

Conflicted, Mira stood there blushing. Nobody in the guild had taken notice yet except for Elfman.

Elfman sat at a guild booth brooding over what he had heard and witnessed.
"That man! I'll give him that, but if he hurts onii-chan, he'll be a dead man!"

Mirajane spoke kindly and quietly back to Laxus' sudden confession. "That's very flattering Laxus.." there she paused thinking carefully, her heart beating furiously, "Would it mean i would get a minute of your time? I do want to get to know you Laxus, it's just that you haven't been talking to me since two days ago..."

Laxus nodded. "I want to! And you can have every minute if you want it!"

Mirajane smiled. "Then.. let's go get lunch together."

Elfman at this point had to leave the room.

Laxus smiled also and the two left the guild to have a quiet lunch together.

"Where to?" Asked Laxus, more confident than before. "this is good but this stupid potion is making me turn into a soft weakling! If I wanted I could've had Mirajane cowering below me!"

"There's a nice sandwich shop nearby..."

Mirajane led Laxus to the sub shop and they enjoyed a nice lunch, Laxus half himself, and half lovey-dovey.