Oikawa smirked and flipped his hair back with one hand and kept the other on his hip. "Heh, I already asked. Coach Irihata said it was allowed as long as either you or Coach Mizoguchi are there with me. I figured Coach Mizoguchi wouldn't agree which meant it was a better option to ask you." Oikawa looked so proud of himself and his deductive capabilities.

Yana couldn't deny that he was right about that, but Oikawa was already insanely talented. It's not like he had to try that hard. He wasn't a genius like Kageyama, but he was plenty gifted himself. Oikawa could have honestly skipped a day or so of practice and everything would be fine. "What if I say no?" It was the day before golden week, the legendary week where all the students were free from school. Yana really didn't want to spend the afternoon receiving Oikawa's serves. Or any serves for that matter.

Oikawa held up a colorful bag of Konpeito candy and shook it gently. The little sugar rocks inside tempted her, "You can have this~" Oikawa knew he had Yana's attention. For the past few days he had repeatedly brought up the topic of candy, so he could have it prepared for this moment. "So~? What do you say?"

Yana was silent. Hah, no way am I falling for that. How old does he think I am? I can just get my own bag of Konpeito. "Psh." But it's just receiving a few balls. It's not like you have to play an entire game or anything. A little voice in her head played devil's advocate as she attempted not to listen. There was no way Yana was going to be bribed with something so silly as a bag of candy.

Oikawa shook the bag once more.

"D-do I get the entire bag?" Yana mumbled shyly.

"You get everything that's in the bag, but you have to promise to help me first."

Yana held out her hand and bit back her pride. "Fine. I promise to help you practice after school."

Oikawa put the bag in her hand and gave her a cute wink before he casually walked away with a wave. "See you later."

Yana raised an eyebrow at the weight of the bag. She took a look inside to find out the reason. "You jerk!" The bag was already opened and there were only four pieces of candy left inside. "Get back here!" She had already promised to help him out after school so she couldn't back out now, but at the very least he needed to repent for the almost completely empty bag of candy.

Oikawa cackled as he ran through the hallways with Yana hot on his tail. "No way~!"

- ----AFTER SCHOOL IN THE GYM-----

The sounds of smacking and bouncing echoed through the gym as the pair practiced. Yana squeaked as she returned the serve but rolled back a bit. It had already been two hours, but Oikawa's serves were still as strong as ever.

"How was that?"

Yana lay down on the cold gym floor and put her hands in the air in a thumbs up gesture. "Good." Yana's forearms tingled, a sensation she was all too familiar with. Yana looked up at the gym ceiling. It was always the little differences that surprised her when she compared her old school with her new one. In this gym the lights were brighter and higher up. But more importantly, the white and teal walls that surrounded them didn't feel so suffocating. Yana closed her eyes as she lay sprawled on her back. "I overheard a bit of what you and Hajime were talking about." She paused. "You know, Kageyama and the whole genius thing. I mean, you might not be a genius, but with how talented you are, you honestly might as well be."

Oikawa lay down right beside her starfished on the floor. He was silent for once as he gathered his thoughts. "I see." There was a pause that seemed to last forever, "Iwa-chan and I have been in the same school since as far back as I can remember. Even back then I loved volleyball."

Yana nodded for him to continue. It wasn't often, or rather – at all, that Oikawa spoke about his history. He seemed to know everything about the other members, but no one -except Hajime- knew much about him.

He made a sour face, "In our third year of middle school we had a little setter appear, Tobio-chan." Oikawa tightened his hands into fists as he went on a trip down memory lane. "He was so good at everything. It was almost frightening. The speed he learned was intimidating. I felt so frustrated." He turned to lay his side to face Yana. "Yana-chan. Do you think I'm gifted in volleyball?"

Yana opened her eyes "Yes. You have proven multiple times that you are very good in what you do." She gave him a side glance to gauge his reaction.

Oikawa laughed slightly. "No, I'm not but I wish I was. Tobio-chan scared me because he chased after me faster than I could pick things up. Everything new that he learned and executed effortlessly took me days' worth of practice to even be as half as good. I had to work twice as hard to keep up with something he could do easily. I needed to stay one step ahead. I didn't want to lose to him. I'm not talented in the slightest. One day I panicked, and I was benched mid-game. Tobio-chan was my replacement. He played flawlessly. It was terrifying."