✧Chapter 33✧

~Play: In Your Arms - ILLENIUM x Ambassadors~

I held back a laugh and immediately covered my mouth.

"Are you crazy? Have you seen the time? My father will kill me if I let you in at this hour. His mind will fly places I don't want to imagine." I argued back, though I was trying to hide my smile.

I saw her scowl and then shrug. "Fine, I see how this is." Then she sat down on the pavement, like literally, sat down, crossing her legs and arching her neck to look up at me. "Let's see what your father says when he discovers my corpse tomorrow morning."

I had to laugh fully now, not being able to take the situation seriously anymore. Quickly, I ran out of my room and checked the hall. Empty.

With swift steps, I headed downstairs and lightly opened the front door, finding the girl still sitting down in front of my house playing with something between her hands. Her face broke into a smile as soon as she saw me come out of my house and she hopped up, wiping the snow from her pants and immediately making her way inside.

"Sure, go in," I said sarcastically.

"Why else would you have opened the door for, if not to let me in?" Yura snorted. She had a couple of snowflakes scattered over her head and she looked adorable. Her cheeks were painted a bright red as well as the tip of her nose, despite having a knitted scarf to cover herself with.

Tonight, she had a yellow jacket and a stripped turtle neck below. The ends of her black jeans looked dark from wetness and I wondered what she had been doing before coming here. Her white boots were untied and loose.

My eyes travelled to the ceiling, making sure we weren't being too loud. "My dad finished the clock," I blurted out.

Her smile widened. "I know, King sent me a text as soon as he finished his call with your father. You made it."

I nodded excitedly.

"Can I see it?" She asked hopefully.

My shoulders tensed up and my smile dropped a little. "That's not a good idea, it's in my father's studio and I think he's still there."

"Oh."

"So?" I asked curiously. "Why did you come?"

Her gaze darted up and she didn't answer. I felt my heartbeat quickening as I followed her eyes.

I licked my lips. "Do you want to go upstairs?" My voice sounded hoarse.

She seemed startled by my question.

"I need to talk to you about something."

Without thinking twice, I grabbed her by the hand and started making my way upstairs. I considered dropping her hand in the process, too scared she would be able to sense how fast my heart was beating.

The hall looked pretty dark, the only light coming from the slit under my father's room's door. Quietly, I pushed the door to my bedroom open and guided us inside, shutting it behind my back and making sure to put on the lock just for safety.

Finally, I let her hand go and Yura spun on her heels; unlike the first time, she took a wide look of my bedroom.

There wasn't much I could brag about. The only thing I was the most proud of was my set of two monitors for video gaming. My wardrobe had actually belonged to my mum before she passed away and my bed was a regular size. There was a small desk in the corner, placed beside a fluffy blue cube box where I used to put all my albums and personal belongings in.

My hand hovered over the switch and I turned off the lights, allowing the moonbeam to be the only illumination in the room. Yura's attention flew to me in question.