✧Chapter 9✧

I slept like a baby, though I wasn't sure that was a good thing.

Sometimes I took pride in the fact that nothing could bother me while I sleep, but Jisung has made plenty of jokes about a killer entering my house without me realising it and let's say that now wasn't a good time for reminiscence.

Anyway, the party was tonight! Did I tell my father about it? Of course not. Instead, I told him I'd go straight to Chan's house after school to work on a project and that he'd drive me home once we were finished. My father agreed, obviously, as long as I wasn't walking home then it'd be okay.

Was I making a very bad decision? Hell yeah.

I shoved a change of clothes into my bag and left home, screaming my goodbyes to my dad before leaving.

When Jisung arrived at our table, I realised something. He was hyped up. Really hyped up. He made it to his seat jumping in excitement, unzipping his bag to give us a glimpse of the clothes he'd be wearing tonight. Chan leaned in across the table to get a better look but the squirrel pulled his bag away, closing it again before the Australian could even see anything.

"Nah-ah, it's a surprise." He stuck out his tongue childishly. The other boy huffed and returned to his notes.

"What's a surprise?" Minho's voice interrupted our conversation, taking the seat in front of me. His sister quickly pulled out the one to his left and sat.

"Jisung doesn't want us to see the clothes he prepared for tonight."

"Ooh, mysterious. I like that." The brunette winked at him, making the squirrel blush. She took out a handbag from her purse and slid open a pocket-size mirror, checking her eye makeup. "Jisung here understands how I feel about parties. You always have to make a good impression."

I think you're obsessed with impressions, I wanted to say.

"Are you excited about tonight?" Minho asked us.

Taking a bite of my apple, I shrugged, feigning indifference. "I can't say I don't have high expectations." I heard Chan agree, his eyes still locked in the book, though he was listening to our conversation.

Jiwon let out a mocking laugh. "Oh, Hyunjin, I doubt you've seen anything like it." She snaked out a lip balm from her purse and applied on some, offering it to her brother, who slid it over his own lips as well. "In fact, I doubt you will ever see anything like it again."

Jisung drummed his fingers on the table and cleared his throat dramatically.

"Miss Lee, Mr. Lee, I am ready to swept by your charms. Please, do drag me to hell with you. There is nothing keeping me here."

Jiwon flapped her hand theatrically as if accepting his proposition. "You shall be enchanted, sir."

The two of them laughed and I rolled my eyes at their little performance.

Based on that, saying we were excited was an understatement. Jiwon told us about how she spent a whole afternoon shopping online for her dress and convincing Minho of buying a suit. The boy scoffed in the process, claiming it was a bar and not the President's blue house. In spite, he bought himself the most casual clothes he could find in a store because he knew Jiwon would hate it.

Again, Jisung made a show of the outfit he'd be using, bragging about how mind blowing it was. Chan and I were used to his over exaggerated mentions but I was afraid Jiwon would take it seriously. For all I knew, she could be expecting him to arrive wearing a Michael Jackson fit.

Minho explained to us that the party was meant to be kept a secret and that's why we shouldn't tell anybody. Without knowing, all of our eyes darted to Jisung who nearly choked on his spit when he realised he was the centre of attention. Reluctantly, he promised not to talk about it.