✧Chapter 31✧

"What did you tell the doctors?"

"That she had been robbed inside her house." I shrugged. "I'm assuming they won't try digging any deeper and Mrs. Yang won't say otherwise unless she wants to be interrogated."

Yura and I were walking to my house after a long afternoon spent sitting down, waiting for the nurses to stitch the wounds.

I have to admit that I pathetically tried to escape the room before the doctors could arrive, taking the chance that Yura had gone to the bathroom. Of course, my flee attempt was interrupted when I ran into the girl in the hallway. Yura had glared at me, fisting the fabric of her hoodie and pulling back into that sickly waiting room.

A small chuckle left my lips when I saw her throwing side glances at me.

"I'm fine, the doctors said it wasn't that bad."

"Yes, because Ryujin missed the carotid by chance." She scoffed. "I can't believe those fools almost killed you by accident and I wasn't even there. Next time I see her, I swear-"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Are we going to argue about this again?"

Out of nowhere, she punched me in the arm. Hard.

I shot her a bewildered look as I clutched my limb, letting out a cry as pain crossed my arm. "What the hell was that for?!"

"For not telling me about your head, idiot." She pointed at the bandage I had wrapped over my forehead. 

Right, I had completely forgotten about that.

"I can't believe you went around the city with a wound like that, Hyunjin! What if you had bled to death?"

I grimaced. "You're overreacting."

She watched me like she couldn't believe I was acting so casual about it and then looked away, ignoring me as she kept on walking. After a second, I noticed she was speeding up and I gaped at her from behind.

"Are you- Are you leaving me behind? Have you always been this childish, Choi Yura?" I jogged to catch up with her pace.

When I finally reached her side, I heard her whisper, "Why didn't you tell me?"

I tried meeting her gaze but she would always look away. Eventually, I gave up and pouted.

"Sorry, I didn't want to put another thing in your plate."

She gritted her teeth. "What would I have done if you had died then?"

"Cry for me?" I joked as I bumped her shoulder with mine.

She snorted and stopped in her tracks. "I would have dragged you out of Hell just to kill you again."

I bit my lower lip hard, trying to hold back a smile. "You'd go through hell for me?"

She threw her head back in frustration. "Okay, stop. I wasn't trying to be romantic, this was supposed to come out as a threat. Are you listening? Stop smiling like that, it's creepy. Hyunjin, stop!"

At the end, she couldn't help but smile as well, hitting me again in the arm and I laughed.

"What?!" I asked jokingly. "What did I do now? Why are you so agressive with me? Can't you see I'm hurt?"

"Oh, now you decide to address your wounds." The girl scowled.

"I'm a man of priorities." I spoke seductively, stepping closer, to which she only rolled her eyes.

"Is that so? What's your priority right now, then?"

Our noses brushed together and I saw her eyes closing gently, leaning in towards the touch. A smile made its way into my lips and I lowered my face to press a soft kiss to her cheek, pulling myself away immediately after that.