✧Chapter 21✧

"If it isn't Mr. Handsome from the Wolf's Mouth." 

She shot me a smile and didn't waste time before taking a handful of my jacket and dragging me inside the room despite my attempts to yank it out of her grasp. My feet moved against my will and she kept on pulling at the fabric until she made sure I was exposed and perfectly visible.

From my place, I heard someone gasp but I couldn't be sure if it had been Felix or Yura. My eyes were fixed on the ground, trying to calm myself down.

I couldn't face them.

I couldn't face her. Not after what I saw. I still had a bitter taste in my mouth that went all the way down to my stomach. The stench of the blood and the dead meat along with the foulness of the abandoned factory was too much for me.

My fingers were curling the fabric of my pants.

But then it hit me.

I was going to die here. They were going to kill me for sticking my nose into their business, just like they had killed the rest of the victims. They would tear my body, limb from limb and eat all of the parts, leaving no proof of my existence, because why would they? People'd make questions and that wouldn't be good for them.

I didn't want to glance up and meet Yura's cold stare. No longer worried, no longer nagging, no longer familiar. I had become another nuisance that they had to get rid of.

The minute Chaeryeong loosened her grip on my jacket, I felt my knees buckle against my will, taking my weight down. My hands were flat against the dirty concrete but I didn't care. I was afraid of breathing, of talking or doing anything.

Maybe if I focused my gaze on the floor I could pretend they didn't exist; that I was here alone and that I was okay.

"Don't hurt me." The words left my lips in a whisper, hating myself for sounding weak.

At first, I thought they hadn't heard me, so I tried to say it again, only to flinch when I caught the sound of footsteps moving towards me.

My eyes clenched shut and I tightened my jaw. I could hear the thumps of my heart in my ears and my mind was completely blank, unable to process the situation correctly.

I wanted to run away. I wanted to take back time. I should have never followed her. Why did I have to do it?

Why why why

"Just let me go. I won't tell anybody." I pathetically tried to reason with them although I doubted they would just kindly take me by my word. "Please." My voice sounded raw, almost unrecognisable, but there was little I could do.

My fists tightened until the sound of clapping made my eyes snap open, my head going up before I could prevent it.

My gaze found Yura's first and I felt my heart shatter slowly. She looked perplexed, speechless. Her mouth was no longer stained with blood but her hands were still red on the tips. Felix had his back towards me, shoving something behind the boxes.

My view was blocked as soon as Chaeryeong stepped right in between, a smirk playing on her painted-red lips.

"That was a really marvellous act. Hyunjin, right? I remember you."

Before I could interpret her words, she leaned down and suddenly, my hair was pulled back rather harshly, causing me to groan in pain. Instinctively, my hands flew to my head in an attempt to free myself of her grip. But it was deadly strong and she had curled her long fingers around my black strands, making it harder for me.

Wincing, I glanced up again and glimpsed an astonished Yura, who had stood up from her seat and was standing rigidly. All of a sudden, her eyes fixated darkly on the grip Chaeryeong had on my hair, her features hardening.