✧Chapter 29✧

~Play: Fake A Smile - Alan Walker x salem ilese~

Silence engulfed the room and I found myself looking up at Yura.

How did she know that?

My eyes darted to King next, his face covered with surprise. Ryujin beside him looked like she had seen a ghost. Seconds later, the boy's face went blank again, distrust filling his eyes.

"How convenient, you expect me to believe that?"

Yura shrugged. "You can go to his house if you want to see it for yourself." She looked back at me. "Your father is currently working from home, isn't he?"

I gaped at her but nodded numbly. Who had told her that? Could she be the person who had spied on me all those nights? I had told her about the shadow but she had told me she didn't know about it.

No, she seemed genuinely confused when I mentioned it. Unless she was a really good actress. But then again, I swore the shadow had been male.

"Is that so?" King smiled reluctantly.

Yura crossed her arms. "This is how it goes, King. If you kill him, his father will most likely not finish the clock any time soon. The man will probably mourn his son for a long two-weeks period and you will be held back from the exchange until he manages to finish the project." She grinned darkly. "On the other hand, you could choose the wisest decision, which is to let Hyunjin go under one condition - convincing his father to finish the clock earlier."

I widened my eyes at her.

King's gaze settled on me. "And why should I trust him?"

Yura rolled her eyes impatiently. "Didn't I tell you? You don't need to trust him, just trust me. I'll make sure he does what he needs to do. Shall I add that rejecting this offer wouldn't do any of us good."

"How are you going to make sure of it? Will you poke him with little carrot sticks?"

"However I do it, it's not your problem."

He turned his unamused face to me and I swallowed hard nervously. "Could you do it? Nevermind, I'm not asking, you're doing it if I tell you to."

I frowned. "You don't get it, my father is such a perfectionist, he always takes his time with his work, he doesn't like rushing thin-"

"I didn't ask." He cut me off.

I opened my mouth to protest again but Yura kicked me on the leg to get me to stop talking. "You can do it, can't you?" Her eyes opened in silent warning and I reluctantly nodded.

"I guess I can." My attention returned to the boy. "But please don't hurt my dad, he didn't do anything wrong."

Daniel's mouth broke into a grin. "Now, why would I hurt him, Hyunjin? He plays an important part on my plans; hurting him would be a dumb thing to do. However, I need you to convince your father to finish the clock," I sighed in relief, "in two days."

My heart skipped a beat and I instinctively leaned over with widened eyes.

"Two days?!" I shrieked and Yura pushed me back against the column.

"That's insane, King, and you know it." She hissed under her breath.

He shrugged. "You were the one who suggested this, Yura. Take it or leave it."

Gritting her teeth, she went back to me and I gave her a look of disbelief. 

"You cannot-"

"He'll do it."