A proposition towards the king

Fayette's P.O.V.

"I still do no agree with this." Aaron muttered as we walked towards the castle

"This is the only way to achieve peace and keep the balance of the magic in this world."

Aaron sighed at my response and we continued walking me following behind him as he lead the way.

I was not eager to meet the king, for are last confrontation had not gone as well as I had hoped. However, I have no other choice my promise that I made to my parents must be fulfilled. How was I to explain this dire need to restore the magic throughout the land? Do I confront him head on or maybe let him think what I am about to propose is his idea?  As I was weighing my options a gruff voice disrupted me out of my musings,

"The fairy! What is the meaning of this Prince Aaron? She needs to be put in the dungeon."

I almost excpected Aaron to just nod and take me away to the dungeon, but he held true to his word. He pushed passed the guards, grabbed my hand, and ran to the throne room while the guards yelled after us.

"Stop! Stop! In the name of King Geoffry stop!"

Aaron did not listen and just continued running towards the throne room in search of his father.

"Aaron slow down. I cannot keep up you are running so fast!"

He did not even glance back at me before stopping in front of huge wooden doors and annoucing himself in the throne room.

"Father it is me, Aaron, I need to speak with you."

His father looked up from his throne at the front of the room. Slowly he took in his son's gruff appearance while his eyes widened at me behind him.

"Son what is the meaning of this? Why is that thing not back in the dungeon?"

He spit the word 'thing' as he pointed at me.

"Father she wished to speak to you and I suggest you listen."

The King scoffed at this,

"You dare ask me to listen to a supernatual?"

A shift occured at that very moment in the atmosphere in the throne room as that single challange echoed in the monumental space. The stiff silence was broken by a single hysterical laugh. Aaron was bent over at the waist with his hands on his knees laughing manically. Perplexed the King spoke again,

"What is so funny son?"

Slowly Aaron raised his head and what I saw made me flinch even though I know the glare was not directed at me. Aaron's face was twisted with a wicked smile and his eyes flashed as he stared at his father.

"I dare? I dare?" , the volume is his voice rose as he spoke, "Father you owe me this surely. I have been put through so much as your son. Everyday of my life people have watched my every move. My teachers slapped me on the wrists whenever I did something wrong and whenever I did something right I would get only more work put on me. This women behind me is the only one that has ever treated me with the dignity and respect deserved of every human being. And YOU dare tell me that you will not listen to her once?"

This message left the King shocked and for a moment he was at a lost for words,

"I-I..."

Aaron held up his hand stopping the king from saying anything further,

"You must understand one thing father. I am your son not just the heir to the kingdom. Now I have on question to ask you. Will you listen to her propostion or will you risk losing your son?"

"Your threatning me?"

Aaron walked up to his father and clenched his hands into fists.

"What. Is. Your. Answer?"

The King looked up at his son and a descision took place.

"I will listen to her son."

Aaron nodded and went back to me pushing me forward with a whisper in my ear.

"Talk."

I nodded in his direction and went up to the still shaken king.

"King Geoffry you must stop this pointless war and ask for peace. The magic that you so hope to destroy is the only thing that keeps this world alive. I will help you, but for a price. Instead of helping you in terms of war you must allow me to negotiate terms of peace."

...................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry for not uploading sooner guys I have been sick with the flu the past week and I am also sorry if this has misspellings or anything. I have been trying to get this chapter out. Please comment and vote!