Chapter 19~ New Years

The last week has been relaxing just hanging out with friends and J as we do farm work. Even though it is freezing its really been fun. Tonight we are going to a New Years party at one of the football players houses. And the girls are all coming over to do each others hair and makeup before we go. We went shopping the other day. But the catch was we didn't get to pick our own dress, we were assigned a person to pick a outfit for. I got Kristen, Kristen got Tenley, sucker, Tenley got Laurel, Laurel got Juliet and Jules me got me. We decided no one got to see each others until tonight when their hair and makeup was done. I just got out of the shower, and slipped a robe on, the girls should be here any second. Just like that there was a knock on the door, I ran downstairs to answer it. In front of me I saw four girls with long black dress bags. We hustled upstairs, I quickly did Kristen's hair in long curls, with some light makeup. While everyone else was working on each other. I was the last person to get done. We had to close our eyes while everyone else helped you into your dress.

I turned around into the mirror, and saw that Juliet had bought me a light teal dress with crystals at the top. She had my hair up in a messy bun with different braids and bumps in between. I got silver stilettos to match. And in the blink of an eye we were in the car driving down the dirt road listening to the country radio station. The answer to your prayers and the faith to set you free, we burst into song on the ride singing along, oh if fallings how you feel and perfects what you see then that be what you mean to me.

We walked through the front door with the music pumping through our bodies. We went into the kitchen and found the guys drinking. We pulled them onto the dance floor before it was the new year. The count down started and everyone chanted along with.

"Happy New Year!" We shouted and Ben kissed me on the lips.

"I am going to go to the bathroom," Ben announced.

"K I will be here." I danced for awhile before I started to worry where he was. I wandered upstairs in the direction that he had walked towards. I turned and saw a white door that stood out from the rest. I turned the door knob and pushed open the door. Tears welled up in my eyes when I saw what was before me. There in front of me was Ben and head cheerleader, Amy Patterson making out. I felt the tears streaming down my face. I ran down the steps and heard clunking behind me obviously Ben was coming after me. I ran out into the yard and was spun around when someone grabbed my wrist.

"What the hell do you want?" I yelled.

"I - I am so sorry Lex I don't know what happened to me."

"Don't call me that only friends can call me that. We are done if that wasn't clear." I shouted. I ripped the necklace that he gave me off my neck and through it at him. I quickly whipped around to say one last thing, "You know what sucks about falling for a player? You fall anyways because you think you can change them or because you think it might turn out to be different. But in the end you realize you should listened to everyone who told you to stay away. I was stupid and stumbled over my feelings. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasted the last few months with you and you couldn't be with girl after girl. But most of all I'm sorry that I fell in love with you."

I stormed off to go find someone else to take me home. The first person I found was Jordan, who was drunk out of his mind and Kristen who was supervising him.

"Can you guys take me home?" I sniffled.

"Yeah of course," Kristen responded, "Are you okay?" She asked sweetly. I explained the whole story and sighed once I was done.

"What an ass!" She said when I was done. "Don't worry I will be here with you when we go back to school."

"Thanks, Krist." I mumbled.

"Anytime," she smiled.

There it is. More surprises to come.

Thanks